What's new

Asus problems

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Sefohui

New Around Here
Hi! I read that Asus hade firmware issues on some routers. I'm just wondering if we are isolated from Asus software issues or if merlin is built on top of their release

Hi! I read that Asus hade firmware issues on some routers. I'm just wondering if we are isolated from Asus software issues or if merlin is built on top of their release

Merlin is just asuswrt with some customizations. However because his releases come after theirs, issues are typically found before he's incorporated their new code.

If you're referring to the recent issue that has gotten a lot of attention, in many cases his wasn't affected but it was not immune since it wasn't new firmware that caused the issue, but a malformed signature file that all routers (even Merlin) download automatically.

But all custom firmwares incorporate some of the basic code, they have to in order to work.