What's new

Asus Raptor GT-AX100 random disconnections [HELP]

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Haendrei

Occasional Visitor
Hello Chaps,

I have had a perfectly working router for a couple of years now not once had any issues with either of the routers connected on my network until I updated he firmware on the RT-AX92U yesterday and now the main router every hour or so will drop the connection all the LED on the from of the router will go out and then reconnection and come back on again. WiFi and LAN connections are all disconnected. and I have absolutely no explanation to why this has happened. I think the firmware update on the other modem on the iMesh is just coincidence. Any help would be deeply appreciated. Because I do not know why after all these years it has been a perfect connection and now all of the sudden it has started to drop all connections including LAN. I can see on the logs when it went offline.

Hello Chaps,

I have had a perfectly working router for a couple of years now not once had any issues with either of the routers connected on my network until I updated he firmware on the RT-AX92U yesterday and now the main router every hour or so will drop the connection all the LED on the from of the router will go out and then reconnection and come back on again. WiFi and LAN connections are all disconnected. and I have absolutely no explanation to why this has happened. I think the firmware update on the other modem on the iMesh is just coincidence. Any help would be deeply appreciated. Because I do not know why after all these years it has been a perfect connection and now all of the sudden it has started to drop all connections including LAN. I can see on the logs when it went offline.

I'm not familiar with a GT-AX100, but I would disconnect the network from it and recommission it as a new router... flash current firmware, reset it, and configure it from scratch. It's possible the firmware changed automatically.

If it performs as it should, add the remainder of your network to it, one piece at a time, allowing some time to confirm each piece is working as it should.

Keep an eye out for damaged cables and dying ac/dc power adapters.

If you can't get the router working normally with a minimal configuration, then it may have a hardware fault.

OE

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!