What's new

ASUS ROG Rapture GT-AX11000 Firmware version 3.0.0.4.384.7979

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

organshifter

Regular Contributor
Currently only seeing it through the WebUI and ASUS Router mobile app.

Firmware version 3.0.0.4.384_7979

- Release Note -

Bug Fixes and Improvements:
- Enhanced the Wi-Fi 6 performance with Apple® iPhone11, Samsung® S10.
- Supported WPA3.
- Supported OFDMA.
- Supported 802.11k and 802.11v.
- Fixed Let's encrypt register related bugs.
- Fixed VPN fusion related bugs.
- Improved system stability.

Download
https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/wireless/GT-AX11000/FW_GT_AX11000_30043847979.zip

lSG7R2u.jpg

I don’t know what VPN Fusion related bugs they fixed...

with the previous version an L2TP VPN had to be the default connection, which then required to set up a rule for all my other devices to connect to the Internet.. the stability was super bad...

now with this version, it is not even connecting anymore to an L2TP VPN:
/usr/sbin/l2tpd[2285]: tunnel_establish: failed to add host route
Jan 23 08:15:48 /usr/sbin/l2tpd[2285]: tunnel_establish: failed to add host route
Jan 23 08:15:58 /usr/sbin/l2tpd[2285]: tunnel_establish: failed to add host route
Jan 23 08:16:08 /usr/sbin/l2tpd[2285]: tunnel_establish: failed to add host route
Jan 23 08:16:18 /usr/sbin/l2tpd[2285]: tunnel_establish: failed to add host route

and this despite a complete reset and new setup...

Last edited:
Is a complete reset after a firmware update necessary for optimal performance?

Or just reboot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Or just reboot

You can try a reboot first, but who knows what new settings are brought with the update, that can have adverse effects to your settings..

personally I did a full reset...

Or just reboot

I only do a full reset if its a major version. So like this is one is only changing the last 4 digits. But if it was like firmware version 3.1.X.X.XXXX etc I'd fully reset.

I just installed this firmware a few days ago and my router wifi is really unstable now. The 5ghz bands stop working even though I can still connect to them from a wifi device, authentication fails. After rebooting the router it starts working again. It seems the 5ghz radios stop working once a day. Anyone have similar issues.?

Thanks!!

this update messed up my GT-AX11000 so bad. my download speeds are the same, upload speeds down to around 150 mbs instead of 500+ mbs and that's on Wifi only. on Lan im still having the 940mbs up/down. tried to revert back to the previous firmware but im still having the same problem.
It seems that issue is only there when I'm using the Galaxy s9 plus and pc. Did a speed test on my iPad mini 4 and everything was fine.

Last edited:
Everyone Having issues should report to Asus so they have an idea of the issue and the impact

Most likely has to do implementation of OFDMA, since this element is common in all router which is having issue with wifi. RT-AX88U user were reporting same issue while back, many reverted back to previous versions.

Most likely has to do implementation of OFDMA, since this element is common in all router which is having issue with wifi. RT-AX88U user were reporting same issue while back, many reverted back to previous versions.

Will disabling OFDMA correct the issue?

Worth trying, but going back a firmware would be better option till Asus fix their buggy firmware.

Such disappointment for a flagship router, wonder if going to Orbi AX would be better

Having issues too. My Wifi keeps going out (2.4 and 5ghz) have to reboot the router to fix it. At least once a day.

Having the same issues, log file is also spammed with:

Jan 24 19:33:02 wlceventd: wlceventd_proc_event(455): eth6: Assoc D4:F5:13:D3:C9:7D, status: 0, reason: d11 RC reserved (0)
Jan 24 19:56:52 wlceventd: wlceventd_proc_event(427): eth7: Auth 34:F6:4B:03:57:F0, status: 0, reason: d11 RC reserved (0)
Jan 24 19:56:52 wlceventd: wlceventd_proc_event(437): eth7: ReAssoc 34:F6:4B:03:57:F0, status: 0, reason: d11 RC reserved (0)
Jan 24 20:18:38 wlceventd: wlceventd_proc_event(392): eth6: Deauth_ind 2C:9E:FC:9F:26:90, status: 0, reason: Disassociated due to inactivity (4)

FW seems extremely unstable. I have two RP-AC68U. If I reboot the GT-AX11000, one of the RP-AC68Us becomes inaccessible until I power it off/on (i can't login so I need to unplug/plug it). It's worth noting that both APs are hardwired to the router.

I can't imagine ASUS QAs this FW very well. I have also been 1st in line for support for close to an hour. Even when you do get their support, it's the most atrocious support I have ever seen. I have things somewhat stable at the moment, but will be downgrading if I see one more issue. I imagine this FW will either be pulled or there will be a new release within a week. Hopefully they QA subsequent releases a bit better.

Having the same issues, log file is also spammed with:

Jan 24 19:33:02 wlceventd: wlceventd_proc_event(455): eth6: Assoc D4:F5:13:D3:C9:7D, status: 0, reason: d11 RC reserved (0)
Jan 24 19:56:52 wlceventd: wlceventd_proc_event(427): eth7: Auth 34:F6:4B:03:57:F0, status: 0, reason: d11 RC reserved (0)
Jan 24 19:56:52 wlceventd: wlceventd_proc_event(437): eth7: ReAssoc 34:F6:4B:03:57:F0, status: 0, reason: d11 RC reserved (0)
Jan 24 20:18:38 wlceventd: wlceventd_proc_event(392): eth6: Deauth_ind 2C:9E:FC:9F:26:90, status: 0, reason: Disassociated due to inactivity (4)

FW seems extremely unstable. I have two RP-AC68U. If I reboot the GT-AX11000, one of the RP-AC68Us becomes inaccessible until I power it off/on (i can't login so I need to unplug/plug it). It's worth noting that both APs are hardwired to the router.

I can't imagine ASUS QAs this FW very well. I have also been 1st in line for support for close to an hour. Even when you do get their support, it's the most atrocious support I have ever seen. I have things somewhat stable at the moment, but will be downgrading if I see one more issue. I imagine this FW will either be pulled or there will be a new release within a week. Hopefully they QA subsequent releases a bit better.

Please can you show the correct way to revert back to the previous firmware? I did but I'm still having the same issue I must've done something wrong. I'm new to all of this. Thank you in advance.

Since Asus firmware devs are likely either in China or Taiwan, dont expect good support or new firmware until the end of Chinese new year holidays. They are basically out on vacation for the next week.

Just updated, enabled wpa3, is the OFDMA something we need to enable as well?

apparently you have to use wpa2/wpa3 not just wpa3 or nothing with wpa2 can connect

Last edited:
Just updated, enabled wpa3, is the OFDMA something we need to enable as well?

apparently you have to use wpa2/wpa3 not just wpa3 or nothing with wpa2 can connect

Even with wpa2/wpa3 enabled, I couldnt get anything to hook up other than my iphone 11 pro max. Had to go back to wpa2.