What's new

Asus ROG Rapture GT-AX11000 Pro Pro Features

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

ljg1000

Occasional Visitor
I may be missing something, but are the Pro features, such as VLAN for this router only in beta version firmware? Also, if for example, a guest network is already setup without Guest Network Pro, will it automatically fall under it once I upgrade the firmware to one that supports the Pro version of Guest Network?

I would expect configuration to be fully migrated. I tried it once and it worked for my router. Node doesn't support it, so it went somehow on a mess overall. I'll definitely try it again as soon as AX88U is brought up to the same track.

I would expect configuration to be fully migrated. I tried it once and it worked for my router. Node doesn't support it, so it went somehow on a mess overall. I'll definitely try it again as soon as AX88U is brought up to the same track.
So you are seeing the Pro features in 3.0.0.4.388.23012 (latest non-beta version)?

I guess this is fine- but when I release a product/solution I don't advertise features that are still in beta post release. However, I guess this is preferable to releasing something and calling it "production" when it is really a "beta" release.
I'm sure ASUS will deliver...or at least I hope so.

I have another question. On the AX11000 Pro- can the 2.5 GB/s port be configured for LAN use. The ASUS product description says:

"Flexible networking ports – One 2.5G port and one 10G port can be configured for either WAN or LAN operation."
However, I have seen reviews, such as the one in PC Magazine that indicates the 2.5 port is only for WAN use. On the exterior of the unit it is labeled as WAN.

I am having difficulty finding the setup for this feature- and it may only be available during router setup.

I have another question. On the AX11000 Pro- can the 2.5 GB/s port be configured for LAN use. The ASUS product description says:

"Flexible networking ports – One 2.5G port and one 10G port can be configured for either WAN or LAN operation."
However, I have seen reviews, such as the one in PC Magazine that indicates the 2.5 port is only for WAN use. On the exterior of the unit it is labeled as WAN.

I am having difficulty finding the setup for this feature- and it may only be available during router setup.
I figured it out. The marketing material on the Asus web site is deceptive- it implies/states dual WAN/LAN for the 2.5 gb port- but the actual tech specs say the 2.5 gb port is WAN only. I suppose communication clarity is difficult for a multi-billion dollar company- intentional or not.

A multi-billion dollar company isn't a reason for anything, but International may be.