What's new

Beta ASUS ROG Rapture GT-AX6000 Firmware v9.0.0.6.102.4856

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Spartan

ASUS GT-AX6000 Firmware version 9.0.0.6.102.4856

Download

Version 9.0.0.6.102.4856 Beta Version
58.22 MB 2023/03/21

Be noted: This is an early stage beta, there might be bugs. This version can be downgraded via web GUI only.

1. Recap new features of 3.0.0.6.102: Guest network Pro(SDN), VLAN, Auto USB WAN backup, iPhone tethering, Multi-services WAN.
2. Re-defined VLAN, supports Trunk, Access mode with VLAN-only-network.
3. Synchronize Guest network pro (SDN) with VLAN, create/delete new VLAN-only-network will create/delete a new profile in Guest network as well.
4. Port isolation and AP isolation to restrict device access to each other.
5. Re-defined multi-service WAN, disable it by default.
6. Add surfshark VPN in VPN fusion.

Please unzip the firmware file first then check the MD5 code.
MD5: abadaa3c64592cd9b9f88c656c0be4d8

Flashed this last night, followed by factory reset. So far, working well.

The "Professional" wireless settings are now read-write instead of read-only *smile*; you can now save changes there. And the Network Map client list shows the wireless clients on the repeater in my garage as wireless rather than wired. So two things that I appreciate about this release. So far it has been perfect, but less than a day, time will tell.

Last edited:
Keep us updated, because when I tried the previous Asus early beta it was a complete hot mess here!

Keep us updated, because when I tried the previous Asus early beta it was a complete hot mess here!
The previous BETA was better than any table firmware I tried in my experience. Been using this one for a day now, not a single disconnection or issue

One thing i don't really like....They added in the VPN Fusion section a dedicated connection to Surfshark..it only allows 1 connection at a time with that new Protocol! The Wireguard one still allows 2 connections at once.

I like this firmware

Speedtest.png

2023-03-23_075325.png

Bufferbloat

Last edited:
Thas awesome! can you tell me how u got ur QoS settings in your router please. Thanks!
I don't use QoS and never will! Today's internet is so fast that even if you are doing heavy downloads other users or apps will not suffer. If anything, when I am using my computer, I want to utilize my FULL bandwidth which I paid for not throttle some of it.

I didn't change anything in the router settings other than enable the 160hz frequency and add my other GT-AX6000 as an AiMesh wired backhaul

I don't use QoS and never will! Today's internet is so fast that even if you are doing heavy downloads other users or apps will not suffer. If anything, when I am using my computer, I want to utilize my FULL bandwidth which I paid for not throttle some of it.

I didn't change anything in the router settings other than enable the 160hz frequency and add my other GT-AX6000 as an AiMesh wired backhaul
thank you!

Have an AX6000 coming and will give this firmware a try after I get it.

sam

Solid for about 5 days now, working well. The 160MHz. channel width feature isn't new, but has been working consistently. No problems have popped up, nothing unexpected in the system or wireless logs. So no reason not to stay with this firmware. Haven't taken advantage of the new guest network "pro" features yet, but I don't use guest networks much anyways.

Got my AX-6000 hooked up this morning, updated to this beta and running fine.

Compared to the AX-86U it replaced (which will become the access point on the other side of the house) this thing is huge footprint wise. Had to rig a wider shelf for it to sit on.

sam

Did you guys notice any problems after a week? Is it worth trying it out?

I ran the previous beta for a few weeks without issue except that some settings couldn't be adjusted due to interface bugs. But unless the new features or the improved 160 MHz bandwidth options are of value to you, there's not much point in trying this beta.

Had it up for just over a week now, no problems, working well. Better than a lot of Asus releases, has some nice new features. I'll stay with it because I like it, at least until an intractable or particularly annoying problem pops up, or another firmware release comes along that I want to try more *smile*.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!