What's new

Release ASUS ROG Rapture GT-AX6000 Firmware Version 3.0.0.4.388.22525

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

mirko991

Occasional Visitor
ASUS GT-AX6000 Firmware version 3.0.0.4.388.22525
Version 3.0.0.4.388.22525 54.84 MB

1.Fixed CVE-2022-46871
2.Fixed Client DOM Stored XSS.
3.Improved AiMesh backhaul stability.
4.Fixed AiMesh topology UI bugs.
5.Fixed the reboot issue when assigning specific clients in VPN fusion.
6.Fixed the VPN fusion bug when importing the Surfshark WireGuard conf file.
7.Fixed network map bugs.

Please unzip the firmware file first then check the MD5 code.
MD5: 488fb2cd02e86c4b145794079f297742

Thanks! Done and reset! I had issues with the Beta, not being able to connect to my ISP Modem/Router, all working fine for now.

For those that tired the previous early beta, does this firmware still follow the same format regards introducing VLANs into the WEBUI?

Well, one good thing, seeing my security cameras that are connected to a repeater in the garage on the GT-AX6000 client list for the first time since "388" firmware family rolled out. And marked as wireless clients to boot, which they are. This is new, hopefully it isn't just a transient thing, part of the network map bug fixes (#7). Shows them both with 4 bars of wifi, not sure about that, since they don't show up in the repeater client list *smile*. Okay, glad to see that, and rest looks normal.

Hoping this firmware holds up over time.

Last edited:
ASUS GT-AX6000 Firmware version 3.0.0.4.388.22525
Version 3.0.0.4.388.22525 54.84 MB

1.Fixed CVE-2022-46871
2.Fixed Client DOM Stored XSS.
3.Improved AiMesh backhaul stability.
4.Fixed AiMesh topology UI bugs.
5.Fixed the reboot issue when assigning specific clients in VPN fusion.
6.Fixed the VPN fusion bug when importing the Surfshark WireGuard conf file.
7.Fixed network map bugs.

Please unzip the firmware file first then check the MD5 code.
MD5: 488fb2cd02e86c4b145794079f297742

Emphasis on number 3. ;)

I upgraded from the BETA that I had before to this firmware, everything was working fine including my AiMesh with the 2nd GT-AX6000 but I still factory reset both and started from scratch because OCD....
8Yb0Sav.gif

I‘m not OCD.

I’m hoping the 9.0.0.6.xxxx beta will be updated to include the fixes offered in this latest release version.

Maybe you can just call me an eternal optimist.

Last edited:
The Network Map actually shows the status of all the LAN ports now instead of only showing port 4.

Version 3.0.0.4.388.22525
Hi. Just bought a RT-AX86U. Soon after powering up it updated to this newest firmware release. While it looks to be operating within most parameters without issue... one behaviour concerns me. The network neighbourhood keeps popping up with unknown devices that are not on my network. I have seen at least 3 different devices being reported in the network neighbourhoods of different computers on my LAN simultaneously. I will attach screenshots here of two devices.. one reports itself as a webOS display for a lg tv.. the other a HONDA. I dont own either. There is another phone but I have not seen it today. My firewall is on, UPNP is turned off, wifi is protected with a very long password, remote access is off and I dont use any fancy opennat or USB apps. I saw this behaviour on this release and the previous one too.. These macs dont show up in the network map or dhcp log. Any ideas what is causing this or how to get rid of such things?

Attachments

• Screenshot rogue tv and properties.jpg
    Screenshot rogue tv and properties.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 121
  • Screenshot rogue phone and properties.jpg
    Screenshot rogue phone and properties.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 131
Q: What version of windows are you running? I thought network neighbourhood died off with the dinosaurs! If it's an old and unsupported version of Windows it's likely that all you are seeing are just misreports!

Everything seems fine after upate
but system log is flooded with this line (every 5 minutes)
kernel: netlink: 12 bytes leftover after parsing attributes in process `ip'.

Yes. I'm enjoying the bug fixes to the network map client list, though. Hard to give up on that nice UI improvement. And all else seems to be normal, working well. So I'm wondering what those 12 leftover bytes the kernel got affect? Doesn't sound serious on the face of it, since the attributes were parsed by the kernel. So there's more in the buffer that's passed into the kernel than is consumed, maybe for future expansion? At any rate, sounds like the user level isn't matching the kernel's expectations *smile*. Things seem fine, so I'm staying with this firmware for the time being.

I have log_level at 5, and still seeing those messages. I'm thinking of lowering the log_level and see where those messages disappear. If I don't see them, then they don't exist, right?

Q: What version of windows are you running? I thought network neighbourhood died off with the dinosaurs! If it's an old and unsupported version of Windows it's likely that all you are seeing are just misreports!
:) The dinosaur is me. The network view or whatever Microsoft likes to call it in Windows 10 and 11 :)

Yes. I'm enjoying the bug fixes to the network map client list, though. Hard to give up on that nice UI improvement. And all else seems to be normal, working well. So I'm wondering what those 12 leftover bytes the kernel got affect? Doesn't sound serious on the face of it, since the attributes were parsed by the kernel. So there's more in the buffer that's passed into the kernel than is consumed, maybe for future expansion? At any rate, sounds like the user level isn't matching the kernel's expectations *smile*. Things seem fine, so I'm staying with this firmware for the time being.

I have log_level at 5, and still seeing those messages. I'm thinking of lowering the log_level and see where those messages disappear. If I don't see them, then they don't exist, right?
I have the same issue after installing this update; havent had any issues because of this, however I'm concerned about the logs filling up and halting the system. Does the software have any kind of log rotation enabled? Couldnt seem to find that setting in the gui

I wonder if this log is happening just for gt-ax6000 or is it for all device running 388.22525.
Did you guys dirty flash or reset after upgrade?

I wonder if this log is happening just for gt-ax6000 or is it for all device running 388.22525.
Did you guys dirty flash or reset after upgrade?

I did a full factory reset after my update...I was updating from the newest "early Beta" (9.0.0.6.102_3506) that Asus released for the GT-AX6000, so I thought it was a good idea *smile*.

By the way, if you set log_level to 4, you don't see the log messages. You lose a lot of "normal" messages that you're used to seeing, but still should get warnings, errors, etc. Just not "Notice" level messages anymore. I'm leaving it that way for the time being.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!