Asus Router app, Account Binding.

AStaUK

New Around Here
I’ve been taking a look at the Asus Router app for iOS and one of things it allows you to do is to bind your Google account (in my case) to my router, but I can’t seem to find any explanation as to what it does, does anyone have any info?

LimJK

Very Senior Member
I’ve been taking a look at the Asus Router app for iOS and one of things it allows you to do is to bind your Google account (in my case) to my router, but I can’t seem to find any explanation as to what it does, does anyone have any info?
Some weeks back, I was curious so I played with it. From my observation, basically,
Benefit:
  • it allows you to managed multiple Routers / AiMesh Network (I managed my 2 daughters Family Networks)
Risks: I observed Binding arrangement, by default, automatically turns on WAN Access to the bonded Routers. That was not acceptable to me!
  • I manually, TURNOFF WAN Access via the respective Router's GUI
Nett: with that, I can benefit from using the Asus App to manage multiple AiMesh Router sites, but, only on Premise or over VPN (WireGuard, OpenVPN, IPSec, or Instant Guard)

AStaUK

New Around Here
Yes, I also noticed that WAN access was enabled along with the app, I also turned it off. Otherwise I’m still to work out the benefit of it, it doesn’t replace the standard router logIn or link It to a cloud account, so why have it.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!