What's new

Asus Router app

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Philipsguy

Occasional Visitor
Regarding the Asus router app, I'm running the current IOS app version 1.0.0.1.32 together with an AC5300.
ASUS Router
https://appsto.re/se/8hNN9.i

I have found some issues:
The parental control in the app that turns the Internet connetion on or off actually controls the time scheduling on or off for the particular Client, not the block internet Client setting in the router.

The bandwith limiter feature lists different settings for family kids friends and guests but there are no way to assign devices to these groups rendering the feature unusable?

Last edited:
The parental control in the app that turns the Internet connetion on or off actually controls the time scheduling on or off for the particular Client, not the block internet Client setting in the router.
thats correct , the parental control blocks access to the internet and not the lan so its not a bug

if you only want certain users allowed access to the gui access the admin in the gui via web page and set the mac addresses that are allowed to access to the gui

The bandwith limiter feature lists different settings for family kids friends and guests but there are no way to assign devices to these groups rendering the feature unusable?
when set the bandwidth limiter is by mac address so its irrelevant what class they are in

Regarding issue 1 - Please see attached screen shots, when I enable block internet connection in the app, I get the time scheduling enabled in the router GUI instead of block internet connection. If I enable block internet connection in the GUI the client is blocked, in the app obviously not.
Issue 2 - I mean the bandwith limiter Applet in the app, maybe Asus isn't quite done with this applet.

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    378.6 KB · Views: 529
  • image.png
    image.png
    208.5 KB · Views: 620
I am still seeing this behavior in the latest firmware releases and app version....has there been any response to this from ASUS anywhere in these threads that I'm missing. This seems like it would be a problem that wouldn't go unnoticed. This is a fairly common feature in today's router maintenance apps.