What's new

Asus router as Repeater can't adjust Tx power

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

gabzprime

Occasional Visitor
I used my n18u as a repeater and I noticed that I can't set Tx power(wireless tab does not appear) when in repeater mode. Is that the same for other Asus router when in repeater mode?

Yes. Repeater mode hides the Professional page in Repeater mode because many of the settings on it can not be applied.

Yes. Repeater mode hides the Professional page in Repeater mode because many of the settings on it can not be applied.

I was asking because I set the TX power at the middle(I think the middle is called balanced) before I turned the router into a repeater. I was wondering if that setting was preserved or it reverted to default(performance).

I was asking because I set the TX power at the middle(I think the middle is called balanced) before I turned the router into a repeater. I was wondering if that setting was preserved or it reverted to default(performance).

No idea, the code handling wifi is closed source, so the only way to check is to measure signal strength, and compare.