What's new

Asus Router comparison : ASUS RT-AX88U vs Asus RT-AXE7800

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

ajeesh_m

Occasional Visitor
Hello good friends,
Is Asus RT-AXE7800 better than ASUS RT-AX88U by any chance ? Asus RT-AXE7800 supports wifi 6E where as ASUS RT-AX88U is only wifi 6.
Comparing the specs, RT-AXE7800 has only 512 MB of ram (as opposed to 1GB on RT-AX88U. The same trend is sees on the CPU with 1.7 Ghz cpu on AXE7800 (1.8 GHZ cpu on AX88U). I dont know the cpu generations and IPC improvements in this kind of CPU's.
So I was wondering if your expertise can shed some light here.

Thanks,
Ajeesh.

RT-AX88U is the better hardware router and much more popular. It also has Asuswrt-Merlin firmware support. RT-AXE7800 is entry level hardware with one weak 2-stream 6E radio. It doesn't have Asuswrt-Merlin firmware support. If buying the router now go for the newer RT-AX88U Pro model.

Thanks a million for the quick response. I already have an AX88u. I was looking for another one to extend my wireless network. I might as well get "ASUS TUF Gaming AX3000 V2", which is like 1/3 of the price of AXE7800 and I will use my AX88u as the primary node.
My US colleagues always recommend Netgear Nighthawk, But I thought Asus will be better as I already have an Asus router and can use AiMesh.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!