What's new

Asus Router iOS App Issue

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

kage

Occasional Visitor
Last week I received my Asus RT-AX58U from Best Buy. Currently it has the lasted official Asus firmware. I have the Asus Router App on my iPhone 7 Plus. When I removed wireless clients through the Asus web ui and rebooted the router, the Asus router app shows the wireless clients as not connected and its not removed. There is no way to remove the non-connected wireless clients from the iOS app. The only workaround is to reset the router back to factory defaults and start up fresh. Is this a known issue with the iOS app?

Last edited:
Last week I received my Asus RT-AX58U from Best Buy. Currently it has the lasted official Asus firmware. I have the Asus Router App on my iPhone 7 Plus. When I removed wireless clients through the Asus web ui and rebooted the router, the Asus router app shows the wireless clients as not connected and its not removed. There is no way to remove the non-connected wireless clients from the iOS app. The only workaround is to reset the router back to factory defaults and start up fresh. Is this a known issue with the iOS app?
Use the web GUI. Go to lan then dhcp server click on the client drop down list and remove from there. I could not find a way to remove them from the iOS app either.

I did exactly the same by going to dhcp and removing the devices from the list. Then i went to dhcp leases in system log and pressed refresh and then rebooted the router. Those offline devices which i no longer use, disappeared fro the ios app. Try it and see if it works?
p.s. those devices were connected to my router using guest network. I am not sure if that would make any difference.. but even though i disabled the guest network, the devices were still showing in the offline list in dhcp server.

In the iOS and Android Asus Router app under Devices, after the online clients there is a Clear All link. This does clear all the off line clients from the app and the router GUI (Lan - DHCP Server Client name, dropdown, under Manually Assign...

In the iOS and Android Asus Router app under Devices, after the online clients there is a Clear All link. This does clear all the off line clients from the app and the router GUI (Lan - DHCP Server Client name, dropdown, under Manually Assign...

I do not have clear all link on my app and it is the latest version of app. See my screenshot and could you share a screenshot of showing that clear all button/link please?

Attachments

• IMG_0228.jpg
    IMG_0228.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 283
asus_app.jpg App version 1.0.0.5.51
I do not have clear all link on my app and it is the latest version of app. See my screenshot and could you share a screenshot of showing that clear all button/link please?

Hmm... Just possible the AC86U is further down the development road than the AX versions.

I am very thankful for the recommendation to get an AC86U rather than one of the AX versions.

It might not just be app version dependant, but router firmware version as well. For example, this line is in the latest Asus firmware release notes:

Fixed offline client removing problem with ASUS router app.

Asus has released a new firmware for rt-ax58u today, and after updating the router, i can confirm that i do have "clear all" option in ios app.