1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice

Welcome To SNBForums

SNBForums is a community for anyone who wants to learn about or discuss the latest in wireless routers, network storage and the ins and outs of building and maintaining a small network.

If you'd like to post a question, simply register and have at it!

While you're at it, please check out SmallNetBuilder for product reviews and our famous Router Charts, Ranker and plenty more!

Asus Router iOS App Issue

Discussion in 'ASUS Wireless' started by kage, May 24, 2020.

1. kage

kage New Around Here

Last week I received my Asus RT-AX58U from Best Buy. Currently it has the lasted official Asus firmware. I have the Asus Router App on my iPhone 7 Plus. When I removed wireless clients through the Asus web ui and rebooted the router, the Asus router app shows the wireless clients as not connected and its not removed. There is no way to remove the non-connected wireless clients from the iOS app. The only workaround is to reset the router back to factory defaults and start up fresh. Is this a known issue with the iOS app?

Last edited: May 24, 2020
  2. Wolfen

Wolfen Occasional Visitor

Use the web GUI. Go to lan then dhcp server click on the client drop down list and remove from there. I could not find a way to remove them from the iOS app either.

TBONE204 and royarcher like this.
  3. lollypop

lollypop New Around Here

I did exactly the same by going to dhcp and removing the devices from the list. Then i went to dhcp leases in system log and pressed refresh and then rebooted the router. Those offline devices which i no longer use, disappeared fro the ios app. Try it and see if it works?
    p.s. those devices were connected to my router using guest network. I am not sure if that would make any difference.. but even though i disabled the guest network, the devices were still showing in the offline list in dhcp server.

4. bbunge

bbunge Very Senior Member

In the iOS and Android Asus Router app under Devices, after the online clients there is a Clear All link. This does clear all the off line clients from the app and the router GUI (Lan - DHCP Server Client name, dropdown, under Manually Assign...

5. lollypop

lollypop New Around Here

I do not have clear all link on my app and it is the latest version of app. See my screenshot and could you share a screenshot of showing that clear all button/link please?

Attached Files:

Wolfen likes this.
  6. Wolfen

Wolfen Occasional Visitor

I have no clear all link on my iOS app either.

7. bbunge

asus_app.jpg App version 1.0.0.5.51

8. Marin

Marin Very Senior Member

Not on mine either and I have the same version installed on my iPhone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. bbunge

Hmm... Just possible the AC86U is further down the development road than the AX versions.

I am very thankful for the recommendation to get an AC86U rather than one of the AX versions.

10. MarkyPancake

MarkyPancake Senior Member

It might not just be app version dependant, but router firmware version as well. For example, this line is in the latest Asus firmware release notes:

11. lollypop

lollypop New Around Here

Asus has released a new firmware for rt-ax58u today, and after updating the router, i can confirm that i do have "clear all" option in ios app.