What's new

ASUS Router iOS App Version 1.0.0.5.51

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

LimJK

Very Senior Member
This version of the iOS App appears to be working very well for me:)
However, I noticed that I occasionally get a white outer line on the "wireless icon", the rest of my other Wireless device don't. I am curious, does anyone knows what does it mean? Thanks.

IMG_2283.jpg

Maybe it indicates the device you're using?

Maybe it indicates the device you're using?
L&LD,
Good try, it is not.

This particular case, with my iPhone I moved out of my apartment on the 10th floor, down to swimming pool on the ground floor.
When I left home, the iPhone Wifi got disconnect, then reconnected to my AiMesh node that is facing the Swimming pool that is when I noticed the outer whiteline.

However, I don't get the outer whiteline when my iPhone was steered between all AiMesh Router and Node(s) when I am at home.

Did you leave the app running while you went to the swimming pool?

Does it show that line when after rebooting the phone and letting it connect to the node first before running that app?

This is another Apple glitchy thing. It doesn't seem too important?

Did you leave the app running while you went to the swimming pool?
L&LD,
I cannot remember, I will try it tomorrow.
I thought outer whiteline on the WiFi icon is by design, so hoping someone who knows, can help us de-mystify this :)

I finally got a reply from Asus Customer Service:

... we wish to inform that the white bar means device is not gettng the optimal signal. The full bar is 3, meaning that you only getting 2 bar signal. ...

Updated my Android app to v1.0.0.5.61 yesterday and still no way to clear offline clients, neither individually, nor clear all. This is with Merlin 384.17 firmware.

Has anyone found a way to use the router app to select which VPN profile on the router to activate?

If you have multiple VPN profiles setup (multiple countries), and want to switch between them from the router app - that would be a very handy feature.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!