What's new

ASUS Router Mesh Issues.

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

mikeyg885

New Around Here
Help.
I have a ASUS GT AC5300 and RT AX58U router in a AIMesh. The 5300 is the main with ethernet backhaul via cat6 cable about 100 feet apart on different floors.
Any device that connects to the node(58U) connects but has no connectivity to the internet, its just stuck on that node. Followed all proper setup procedures with no issues. from the interface on the 5300 all looks like it good to go.
I see no packets inbound or out on the gigabit connection with wireless devices connected.
Any Ideas what would prevent this from going out?... Wifi devices seem to get no gateway info. Had ASUS attempt to help me to no avail. Wired devices have no issues connecting.
Was thinking of upgrading to the 11000 in hopes to get better coverage to this weak signal area of the property. Thx for any advice you can offer.

I have a similar setup, except with another AC series router for the satellite router. Mine works great using latest released firmware on all routers. I'm curious why you'd want the AC as the main router and the AX as the satellite. It seems to me you'd want the AX series as the primary, and swapping them maybe a useful test.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!