What's new

Asus RT-66U, NOT B1.

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

JamesPigeon

New Around Here
Hi,

Im new here and did try to search beforehand.
I could not find anything about Aimesh and RT-66U.

Does anyone know if asus is planing to release new software that support aimesh?

Thanks in advance.

I assume you're talking about the RT-AC66U? I very much doubt it as that router has the old, slow MIPS processor.

It would make a perfectly serviceable Access Point assuming you can run a long enough cable to it from your main router. Or even a Media Bridge (IIRC it supports media bridge mode).

It depends on your needs and circumstances. I've had my old RT-N66U sitting in a box since I replaced it with an RT-AC68U. I have no need for the N66U as the AC68U covers my whole house.*

* Apart from one corner behind the TV, and for that I've used a powerline adaptor with a built-in WiFi access point.

Yes ofcourse AC66U.. Thanks.
Since its not getting Aimesh, is there anything else its good for in the future?

I doubt you will see any new feature added to that router in the future, due to its age, and its low-power CPU compared to more modern devices.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!