What's new

Asus rt-86u connection speed question

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Mickey C

New Around Here
Hi everybody. I just purchased a new asus rt-86u and have a question about the connection speed. I have a Galaxy S7 which has an AC 2x2 card and with the old T Mobile cellspot i would always get 866mbps connection speed, with the new 86U it shows 433mbps. I set up the channel bandwith to 80mhz and it is still the same 433mbps. Thanks for the help

Set it to auto, and move about ten metres from the router. Beam forming only works at a modest distance.

Ensure you are on 5GHz not 2GHz.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Hi everybody. I just purchased a new asus rt-86u and have a question about the connection speed. I have a Galaxy S7 which has an AC 2x2 card and with the old T Mobile cellspot i would always get 866mbps connection speed, with the new 86U it shows 433mbps. I set up the channel bandwith to 80mhz and it is still the same 433mbps. Thanks for the help

You should see 866 Mbps on 5 GHz with 80 MHz width... even sitting next to the router. Maybe reset the router and try again... then call Tech Support... the router might not be working right.

OE

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!