What's new

Asus RT-AC1200G+ - Media Bridge mode speed capped at 173.3 Mbps.

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

cobe1200

New Around Here
Hi! I just purchased the AC1200G+ to use as a WiFi client.

My issue is that the web panel shows "Link rate" is capped at 173.3 Mbps which I'm disappointed with, as I can't use my internet connection at full speed. My other devices easily reach 400+ Mbps. The access point I'm connecting to is AirTies 4920.

I tried manipulating the settings at /Advanced_Wireless_Content.asp but they don't seem to have any effect on the bridge mode. I uploaded the wireless log as an attachment.

Firmware Version:3.0.0.4.382_51610

Is there any way to increase the speed?

Attachments

• wirelesslog.txt
    1.9 KB · Views: 379
Last edited:
Hi! I just purchased the AC1200G+ to use as a WiFi client.

My issue is that the web panel shows "Link rate" is capped at 173.3 Mbps which I'm disappointed with, as I can't use my internet connection at full speed. My other devices easily reach 400+ Mbps. The access point I'm connecting to is AirTies 4920.

I tried manipulating the settings at /Advanced_Wireless_Content.asp but they don't seem to have any effect on the bridge mode. I uploaded the wireless log as an attachment.

Is there any way to increase the speed?

That seems like you are connected to the 2.4GHz band.

Try connecting to the 5GHz band instead. :)

That seems like you are connected to the 2.4GHz band.

Try connecting to the 5GHz band instead. :)
Thank you for your reply however that doesn't seem possible :(
First, the wireless log states: 2.4 GHz radio is disabled. Second, The 5 GHZ network is under "_5ghz" suffix which can also be seen in the log.

Looking forward to more ideas!

Sorry, I don't download the log files. I'm just basing it on the connection rate you indicated.

Code:
Chanspec: 5GHz channel 116 20MHz (0xd074)

Looks like the channel width is limited to 20 MHz, that will be the limit of throughput. Make sure your Router (AirTies) allows a wider channel width - auto (20/40/80 MHz), or forced to be 80 MHz.
Maybe you need to force it on the bridge as client as well (/Advanced_Wireless_Content.asp).

In case of auto settings: If channel 116 is surrounded or overlapped by other wifi networks, it may falls back to 20 MHz because of interference. Try another more free channel range for 5 GHz then.

BR

Looks like the channel width is limited to 20 MHz, that will be the limit of throughput. Make sure your Router (AirTies) allows a wider channel width - auto (20/40/80 MHz), or forced to be 80 MHz.
There is no channel width setting on the AirTies, however it allowed me to change the channel. I set it to 108 and now the link speed is 780 Mbps which is really great!:cool:
So weird other devices were able to negotiate better speeds on the auto setting (also there are no other networks in the 100-132 range).

Thank you!

PS

Maybe you need to force it on the bridge as client as well (/Advanced_Wireless_Content.asp).

That view doesn't seem to affect anything at all in bridge mode (besides the radio on/off). I also checked Merlin's source code (not sure if it's on par with asuswrt here) and it seems to ignore channel settings in this mode.

Issues with the router continue. The device restarts every hour, at the 41st minute of an hour (9:41, 10:41, etc).
My prime suspect is DHCP. At first I used DHCP and this was the hour lease expired. So I switched all IPs to static (my PC and Asus router) and it didn't solve the problem.

Code:
Jul 21 11:40:59 rc_service: psta_monitor 215:notify_rc restart_wlcmode 0
Jul 21 11:40:59 FTP Server: daemon is stoped
Jul 21 11:40:59 Samba Server: smb daemon is stoped
Jul 21 11:40:59 kernel: gro disabled
Jul 21 11:41:08 RT-AC1200G+: start httpd:80
Jul 21 11:41:12 rc_service: psta_monitor 215:notify_rc restart_wlcmode 1
Jul 21 11:41:12 FTP Server: daemon is stoped

I tried stopping psta_monitor (service stop_psta_monitor) right before this happens but it didn't help.
I noticed there's a setting to debug psta_monitor (nvram set psta_debug=1) but I've no idea where these logs are stored.

Help appreciated :)

PS Also if I were to replace the router, what other model should I try?

EDIT #1

[URL]https://serverfault.com/questions/880345/asus-ac5300-wpa2-enterprise-hourly-disconnection?rq=1 [/URL]

Code:
nvram set wl1_pmk_cache=1440
nvram set wl1_net_reauth=86400

Seems like this helped for now. I guess the device will loose connection every day but that's acceptable.

Last edited:

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!