What's new

Asus RT-AC3200 bandwidth problems

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

eyesk8r

New Around Here
Can anyone help with Bandwidth issues i'm having with my AC-3200, have the latest firmware, but when i try and stream Directv on any of my apple devices, it works great for a 20 seconds or so, but then it a message comes up the says due to insufficient bandwidth, only the audio portion is currently available...is there any way to fix this, at first i thought it was a range issue, but even when i'm 5 feet from my router i still have the same issue. I'm using smart connect.

Ditch smart connect. It's not so smart. If you're close to the router or on a tablet/laptop, hit up one of the 5GHz channels, else stick with 2.4GHz, especially for cell phones. Set up QoS if you haven't already. Don't exaggerate your uplink bandwidth: try to match whatever Speedtest tells you. For most homes, uplink is a bottleneck. Turn off TA and QoS Apps analysis if you've got them on--they eat up CPU bandwidth. USB disk also eats up CPU bandwidth. Post back with results.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!