What's new

ASUS RT-AC3200 Firmware version 3.0.0.4.380.4180

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Releases note:

Security related
- Updated OpenSSL library to 1.0.2j to fix security issues.
- Updated Dropbear SSH to 2016.74 to fixe security issues.
- Fixed a security vulnerability regarding XSS.
- Fixed a security vulnerability regarding CSRF.
- Added protection for Brute-force attack.

Bug fixed
- Fixed out of memory issue when using guest network.
- Fixed Chrome, Edge and IE compatibility issues.
- Fixed quick internet setting wizard compatibility issues.
- Fixed NAT issue caused by UPnP media server.
- Fixed dual wan issues in PPPoE or PPTP or L2TP + DHCP environment.
- Fixed AiCloud related issues.
- Fixed AP mode interoperability issues

Modified
- Updated NAT Acceleration setting help message.
- Supported Google DDNS. .
- Enabled smart sync under AP/Media Bridge.
- Supported new 3G/LTE USB dongle Docomo L-03D.

MD5: 84dacc23227e34d3e103f4bcc8c32cc4
http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/wireless/RT-AC3200/FW_RT_AC3200_30043804180.ZIP

I did, nothing wrong so far. I did it from my phone app, went smoothly, no reboot required

I will have to wait for a Merlin build based on this... I need to have event bases scripts for things like AB solution, entware, transmission and IPTV configuration,... so far I am using the last hggomes build (based on Merlin, and it works quite good and stable.

Is everyone waiting for the a brave sole to install this update and report back?

With how bad the last release was... and the one before that.... and the one before that..... I've got nothing to loose, the system has been up and running now for just over 7 days with this firmware and no major issues yet. with the last firmware it would be about 14-21 days and CPU1 would run at 100% for no reason, hoping this mess gets fixed. I have been an ASUS fanboy for almost 20 years, but after buying this product for $300+ expecting it to be as good as the motherboard lineup... it makes me question my future ASUS product purchases

it makes me question my future ASUS product purchases

One bad product does not mean everything else is the same. Every companies has their failures now and then.

STAY AWAY if you use multiple Port Forwarding rules. Will not hold more than a 3 port forwarding rules, at which point is loses all port forwarding rules. This was an issue in earlier firmware and was solved for me in Version 3.0.0.4.380.3479. I rolled back to 3479 and it now holds my port forwarding rules. Seriously how do these basic errors make it through their testing.

Do you have special character in the name? Anything other than a-z, A-Z, 0-9?

Yes some have an underscore or a dash in the name (not all). It saves the port forwards with the dash or underscore fine if I only enter a couple of port forwards. Again if I enter more it loses them all.

Yes some have an underscore or a dash in the name (not all). It saves the port forwards with the dash or underscore fine if I only enter a couple of port forwards. Again if I enter more it loses them all.

Chances are you are running out of nvram. This is a frequent problem with the RT-AC3200.

Chances are you are running out of nvram. This is a frequent problem with the RT-AC3200.

Is their an ASUS router with equivalent or better capabilities than the Ac3200 that doesn't have this nvram issue as I assume this is a hardware limitation so my hands are pretty much tied here?

Is their an ASUS router with equivalent or better capabilities than the Ac3200 that doesn't have this nvram issue as I assume this is a hardware limitation so my hands are pretty much tied here?

The only other tri-band model is the RT-AC5300, which does have twice the amount of nvram.

Otherwise, if you've had your router for a long time, it might be worth doing a factory default reset and manually reconfiguring it, to clear up some unused settings. For instance, OpenVPN key/certs were moved out of nvram a few FW versions ago, but you might still have content there from earlier firmware versions.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!