What's new

ASUS RT-AC3200 Firmware - Official Releases

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

jsquaredz

Occasional Visitor
2017/06/26
Version 3.0.0.4.380.77432017/06/2638.71 MBytes

ASUS RT-AC3200 Firmware version 3.0.0.4.380.7743
Security fixed
- Fixed CVE-2017-5892 (JSONP Information Disclosure)
- Fixed CVE-2017-7494 (Samba remote code execution vulnerability
- Improved brute-force protection for SSH, Telnet connection.

Bug fixed
- Fixed web history issue.
- Fixed URL filter, keyword filter, network filter time related issue.

Please unzip the firmware file first then check the MD5 code.
MD5: a2fe11ab0237caed72a07a05974c919f

Download Link

Last edited:
Released 2015-03-04

Release notes show:

ASUS RT-AC3200 Firmware version 3.0.0.4.378.4145
Security related
- Upgrade OpenSSL library to 1.0.0q
- Upgrade TrendMicro engine

Modifications
- Adjusted Smart connect variable
- Modified QIS process
- Enlarged IPv6 ARP cache

MD5 checksum of zip file:cd38a003f18c2302d469e6ae983e1cda (asus reports md5 checksum incorrectly as 3F4CED45895966E595FA454D24CFF8D9)

MD5 checksum of trx file: 0e27938b022f4a100e696b7e70b08e2f

Issues still broken on the router:

• Traffic Analyzer Statistics - every time you change clients in the drop down list the amount of traffic is added to the total which keeps increasing.
  • Traffic Monitor - 5Ghz radio#2 traffic does not show up in the traffic monitor.
  • Reports of connection drops/reconnects whether smart connect is on or off.
Any other issues, let me know and I will add.

PS Make sure to set your smart connect rules (Network Tools/Smart Connect Rule) to default settings to get the benefit of the new smart connect tweaks.

Last edited:
Same here, getting wifi drops whether Smart Connect is on or off. Very frustrating.

Anyone tried Merlin's firmware?
no drops using merlin 378 51 , streaming blu ray , 1080i tv with zero drops , 30 feet and 3 walls between screen and router . no smart connect , 5.2 on ch 151 , 5.1 ch 48

no drops using merlin 378 51 , streaming blu ray , 1080i tv with zero drops , 30 feet and 3 walls between screen and router . no smart connect , 5.2 on ch 151 , 5.1 ch 48
Unfortunately I experienced drops with .51 too, including Netflix freeze. No Smart Connect enabled.

Unfortunately I experienced drops with .51 too, including Netflix freeze. No Smart Connect enabled.
This is alarming. Paid big coin for this router and it cannot even hold a 2.4ghz connection for more than an hour without a disconnect. My $100 router this replaced had no problems holding these connections. Sounds like ASUS has a pretty big mess on their hands. Absolutely no excuse that a 2.4ghz connection cannot be held with smart connect turned off. What an embarsement.

No embarrassment for Asus, they have your money and you beta testing for them for free, right?

You knew this going in, no sense getting all righteous now. Just have patience and all the issues will eventually get resolved. If nothing else, you know what to expect from bleeding edge products next time.

No embarrassment for Asus, they have your money and you beta testing for them for free, right?

You knew this going in, no sense getting all righteous now. Just have patience and all the issues will eventually get resolved. If nothing else, you know what to expect from bleeding edge products next time.

When I purchased the product the box did not have beta written on the side. It's not a matter of being righteous. It's a matter of expecting a product to be able to do the basic functions that routers have been doing for many years ie hold a 2.4ghz connection without dropping. There are no bleeding edge options here, smart connect, etc are turned off. You have very low expectations and standards.

At the end of the day money talks in the corporate world and the ASUS product manager will be feeling the heat when they see the return numbers on this product. Your advice to just be patient is noted but I have already moved on with another product but I will remain engaged here to actually see if ASUS can even get close to resolving these issues. I look forward to your value added comments and support in these forums going forward, and appreciate your support as an active member on this forum. Keep up the great work.

The product box contains marketing messages, including half truths, implied performance and capabilities and other creative language. But all legal and all meant to get you to buy it and work good enough for you to keep it, at least past the return and /or warranty period.

Beta doesn't need to be printed on a box for a product that is the first of its kind (even if another manufacturer has something similar).

I agree that a kick to the bottom line will shake up the corporation in the end, as it should.

But that doesn't absolve the consumer from doing their due diligence either. Along with a healthy dose of disbelief. ;)

Simple processes become complex when combined. They never get simpler or work as well together as discrete stand alone systems do. At least, not initially.

I too look forward to your contributions in the future and appreciate that we can converse about things even when we may not totally agree with the other's perspective.

This is alarming. Paid big coin for this router and it cannot even hold a 2.4ghz connection for more than an hour without a disconnect. My $100 router this replaced had no problems holding these connections. Sounds like ASUS has a pretty big mess on their hands. Absolutely no excuse that a 2.4ghz connection cannot be held with smart connect turned off. What an embarsement.
Do you have something plugged into the usb 3.0 port (2.4 usb 3.0 interference ) ? So far 2.4 have not had any drops , but I don't use 2.4 for streaming , 2.4 has never given me good results streaming video , on any brand router . I ave always used 5.0 for streaming video .

I just switched from unifi to this thing. (Ac3200) and the disconnects happen frequently. Sometimes I'll be doing something on my phone and will be using LTE without even knowing it. To me this is unacceptable. Smart connect off.

Do you have something plugged into the usb 3.0 port (2.4 usb 3.0 interference ) ? So far 2.4 have not had any drops , but I don't use 2.4 for streaming , 2.4 has never given me good results streaming video , on any brand router . I ave always used 5.0 for streaming video .
Nothing plugged into USB ports. Pretty much every bell and whistle (including smart connect and AI protection) turned off except for encryption. Frequent drops (every hour) on 2.4 and 5G connections. Never had any drops on my old Netgear N900.

Nothing plugged into USB ports. Pretty much every bell and whistle (including smart connect and AI protection) turned off except for encryption. Frequent drops (every hour) on 2.4 and 5G connections. Never had any drops on my old Netgear N900.
In WAN what do you have idle disconnect time set at ? I have mine set 0 , never disconnect . you never know , sometimes it's a simple setting forgotten .

I was watching the wifi log in the latest merlin firmware and the system disconnects at exactly one hour (60mins) on the dot.

Does this have something to do with the network key rotation setting? Thats set at 3600, which in seconds equals an hour.

In WAN what do you have idle disconnect time set at ? I have mine set 0 , never disconnect . you never know , sometimes it's a simple setting forgotten .

Why would the WAN idle time have anything to do with Wireless connection drops? Its not access to the internet I am dropping it is wireless connections. Anyway it is set to 0.

Does this have something to do with the network key rotation setting? Thats set at 3600, which in seconds equals an hour.

Per help on the router "This field specifies the interval (in seconds) after which a WPA group key is changed. Enter [0] (zero) to indicate that a periodic key-change is not required. Please input the value between 1 to 2592000 (seconds)." Sounds plausible to me that it may be the problem, change it to 0, save, repeat for each radio, reboot and see what happens. Let me know if it fixes your drops.

Just an idea , have not had any drops on my 3200 in 7 days running so I looked at everything that can possibly make a difference .
Is it dropping at a set time , like every 20 minutes , every hour or is it random , no set pattern ?

Just an idea , have not had any drops on my 3200 in 7 days running so I looked at everything that can possibly make a difference .
Is it dropping at a set time , like every 20 minutes , every hour or is it random , no set pattern ?

Yes it is dropping nearly every hour. Not on the dot but pretty close. I changed the network key rotation setting to zero and will see if that helps

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!