1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice

Welcome To SNBForums

SNBForums is a community for anyone who wants to learn about or discuss the latest in wireless routers, network storage and the ins and outs of building and maintaining a small network.

If you'd like to post a question, simply register and have at it!

While you're at it, please check out SmallNetBuilder for product reviews and our famous Router Charts, Ranker and plenty more!

Asus RT-AC51U_printer disabled

Discussion in 'ASUS AC Routers & Adapters' started by fangovk, Nov 21, 2018.

1. fangovk

fangovk New Around Here

I have issue with router Asus RT-AC51U / Epson SX210, printer has been connected to router usb port (print server&hdd sharing) usually printer port work ok, printer is shown on network map-usb 2.0 device "enabled" (asus wireless router menu on firefox), but for no obvious reason router loose connection and then it shows on network map - usb 2.0 device "disabled" .. I wonder why router often disable shared printer? .. because I haven't change anything from the last time I uses that service, so when I check devices and printers on my PC, printer is greyed out (not online-not available) then I had to reboot router and then printer showed up as online
    I've set basic wireless config: AP mode hybrid (have connected ISP modem/router and bridged) .. I've noticed:
    You are currently using the Auto channel bandwidth. Click here to modify - You are currently using the Auto channel. Click here to modify. Not sure what it means or is there anything to do with my issue?

any suggestion?

thanks!