What's new

Asus RT-AC5300 5ghz-2 Constantly Disappearing

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

ThaiM

New Around Here
I've had this Asus 5300 for less than 2 weeks now and it seems as each day passes, my 5ghz-2 band goes offline and disappears altogether. The only way to get it back is if I make any sort of change to that band and then save. And only then will it come back but will eventually randomly disappear again, and again I have to make a change to a setting and repeat. It seems to be happening more often now, the last couple of days it happens up to 3 times a day.

Is this a defective unit? Or is this just what these Asus routers are known for?

Running latest Merlin (but it also did this with stock firmware).

Found that it's a common issue with Asus and 5ghz in the Asus Merlin forum. Looks like Asus just isn't ready for 5ghz yet. At least they're good at 2ghz products. Maybe in another 5 years they'll get up to speed and figure out the whole 5ghz deal.

It's not asus. It's the chipset used for the radio. The netgear r8500 has the same issue.

I have been using ASUS RT-AC5300 For the past 4yrs now. and i never had the issue you reported. but recently i started facing the same issue. and i am confused why!!

I did try resetting but nothing works. still having the same issue!!!