What's new

Asus Rt-AC5300 AI Protection - Time Scheduling - IOS ASUS Router App Issue

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

wbarter

New Around Here
I have an issue, i have several younger children and I have the need to schedule their devices to shut off at 8:00 PM and turn back on at 8 am....this is easy, i schedule in AI Protection Time Scheduling on the router and this seems to work fine.....The problem then becomes if in addition to these scheduled outages.....we want to go in at anytime via the router app and restrict someone on demand that has an existing schedule created.....

I am able to do this with no issue using the Android Asus Router app.

However if I attempt to toggle someone off "on demand" using the IOS Asus Router app.....there is inherent logic that acknowledged that there is an existing schedule....and if you proceed the schedule is erased automatically? This logic makes no sense!!! chosing to block your childs internet right now should not force to erase the existing schedule??see attached screen shots from both the Android (no issue) and the IOS app(this is a bug and major design flaw)

You should be able to have an existing schedule and be able to turn on or off internet access without forcing the schedule to be deleted.

Attachments

• asus android.jpg
    asus android.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 591
  • asus android version.jpg
    asus android version.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 440
  • IOS Router issue.jpg
    IOS Router issue.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 414
  • IOS Router version.jpg
    IOS Router version.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 460
Last edited:
Anyone else using the IOS version of the ASUS Router app and experiencing this application design flaw?

And the date is now 7-12-19 and ASUS has still yet to release a fix to their IOS ASUS Router APP.....disappointing!!

And the date is now 7-12-19 and ASUS has still yet to release a fix to their IOS ASUS Router APP.....disappointing!!

If I want to stop my kids access to the internet right now.....why would you force me to delete a programmed access schedule prior to doing so? Makes zero sense!!!!

They dont read here and it seems others not interested in this feature too.
You can open feedback on router to inform Asus about the bug and hope and pray ...