What's new

ASUS RT-AC5300 and Internet speed dropping issue

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

zillah

Regular Contributor
Hi

Recently ISP increased internet speed as promotion from 100 Mbps to 600 Mbps for 6 months.

MODEM supplied by ISP (has one LAN port) router is mine, and it is ASUS RT-AC5300 MERLIN firmware v386.3

What I did I run the test through the modem bypassing the router using a desktop and the speed that I was getting are below:

While when I run the test through the ASUS router (means router connected to the modem) and early morning to assure no other household using the internet the speed that I was getting are below :

What could be a culprit that is causing the speed to be dropped?

Thx

Note : ASUS WAN port is Gibabit rate and LAN cable used is CAT6

Last edited:
Is hardware acceleration enabled? Check it at Tools > System Information > Network > HW acceleration.

Thx Colin
It is disabled as per attached snapshot

Attachments

• HardWare Accesslaration disabled by user.jpg
    HardWare Accesslaration disabled by user.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 264
That will be the reason for the speed drop then. I'm not sure what "by user" means. Have a look at LAN > Switch Control and see if you have an option for NAT acceleration that is disabled.

LAN > Switch Control ans see if you have an option for NAT acceleration that is disabled.
Yes it is disabled as per attached ,,,,,should I choose option : "AUTO"

Attachments

• NAT Acceleration.jpg
    NAT Acceleration.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 227
Thx Cloin
Issue fixed and speed is super fast

Attachments

• SPEED TEST AFTER ENABLEING NAT ACCELERATION.jpg
    SPEED TEST AFTER ENABLEING NAT ACCELERATION.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 227
It looks like you disabled it in response to your time scheduling problem
You got me on this I had forgotten about it ,,,,,hahaha
After I enabled NAT Acceleration to get the speed would I expirence the time scheduling problem ? I am going to test that later

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!