What's new

Asus RT-AC5300 Asuswrt-Merlin

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

raion969

Hello

I have an Asus router with the asuswrt merlin software 380.68_4 .
My question is which Wan packet overhead should i use for an VDSL2 Connection with 85/15 and also vectoring with PPPoE.

MTU is 1492.

Should i use ATM??

I only play cs go so i dont need a lot of download speed or upload i just need stable internet and low ping and fast connection. So what are the best settings to geht the best performance?

I heard i should use Bandwidth Limiter with fq_codel ? and also litmited all the other people in the internet.

Use the PPPoE VDSL preset.

Hello

ok thanks

Should i enable Spanning-Tree Protocol for gaming or deaktivate ?

Hello

ok thanks

Should i enable Spanning-Tree Protocol for gaming or deaktivate ?
It's unrelated to gaming. I usually recommend disabling it for an home network.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

I would suggest leaving it on as it's doesn't hurt - and can be helpful in some cases...

It's incompatible with Broadcom's Flow Accelerator. That's why I recommend disabling it.

It's incompatible with Broadcom's Flow Accelerator. That's why I recommend disabling it.

Lol... since it's all in the switch element of the system-on-chip - one would figure that Broadcom would have sorted that out - STP is a good thing.

Lol... since it's all in the switch element of the system-on-chip - one would figure that Broadcom would have sorted that out - STP is a good thing.

FA works at level 2, which is probably why it can interfere.

FA was ditched with the new HND platform, replaced by new technologies. No idea if they share the same limitations.

My question is related to this topic:
I am trying to implement the QoS, I am using att fiber and in the “WAN packet overhead” it asks to select present, If I were in Comcast I would select “Docsis” but with fiber what should I select?
And ATM?
Thank You
Mario