What's new

Asus RT-AC5300 connecting through a captive portal and making the most of it...

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Acerbis

New Around Here
Ok, so i moved a little while back and the new building I'm living in provides free internet via a captive portal login. I need to figure out a way to use my AC5300 running merlin. I have read that if i obtain a travel router that is designed to setup a network when the captive portal is the gateway to the internet. I am not %100 Sure if the travel router will provide net access through its LAN port. Another option i guess would be to write a script to automate the captive portal login.... but the downside to that is i would have to be running it in Repeater mode or maybe access point mode witch would not give me full functionality of the router. Does anyone have a travel router they would recommend for me to use? VPN, media server and IPTV settings would function in regular mode. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have read that if i obtain a travel router that is designed to setup a network when the captive portal is the gateway to the internet. I am not %100 Sure if the travel router will provide net access through its LAN port.
GL.iNet products are designed for this.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!