1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice

Welcome To SNBForums

SNBForums is a community for anyone who wants to learn about or discuss the latest in wireless routers, network storage and the ins and outs of building and maintaining a small network.

If you'd like to post a question, simply register and have at it!

While you're at it, please check out SmallNetBuilder for product reviews and our famous Router Charts, Ranker and plenty more!

Asus rt-ac5300 firmware update

Discussion in 'ASUS AC Routers & Adapters' started by Nickrog101, Jul 6, 2018.

1. Nickrog101

Nickrog101 New Around Here

hi
    I just recently installed latest update in router rt-ac5300. Now my computer will not connect to wireless. Everything else works fine on WiFi. My question is. Does this latest update change any of the professional settings to something else compared to my last firmware. I forgot to take a picture of the settings. I bought around nov 2017 and updated to latest back then. So whatever firmware version that was I had before I updated.

Thanks

2. Please support SNBForums! Just click on this link before you buy something from Amazon and we'll get a small commission on anything you buy. Thanks!
  3. bbunge

bbunge Very Senior Member

Forget the connection in your pc and make a new WiFi connection.

Sent from my P01M using Tapatalk

kfp likes this.
  4. koaly

koaly Occasional Visitor

Depending on what FW version you had before, there could be some feature update and it is recommended to reset to factory defaults after the FW update and then set up from scratch.
    I did it many times. And stability improved

Please support SNBForums! Just click on this link before you buy something from Amazon and we'll get a small commission on anything you buy. Thanks!