What's new

ASUS RT-AC5300 Firmware version 3.0.0.4.384.32799

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

LimJK

Very Senior Member
As for Ethernet Onboarding to add AiMesh Nodes, I noticed some improvement vs the last firmware where it was not possible to add AiMesh Node that is out of WiFi range.

As shown in the screenshot below (I do my usual factory reset for AiMesh Router and Node):
  • In the Search AiMesh Node section, I noted that Ethernet icon is present (ie Ethernet Onboarding working)
  • However, I am still getting the message to move my AiMesh Node nearer to AiMesh Router.
  • While I was looking at the message the pop up was replaced with the Add AiMesh Node message.
  • Clicking Apply, I was able to Add AiMesh Node successfully:).
  • PS: If I do not click on Apply fast enough ... the Prompt will disappear and I get back the original message to Move AiMesh Node nearer :(. I would have to re-search AiMesh Nodes again.
Someone else here posted the suggestion to add AiMesh Nodes One By One earlier. I experimented it in one of the iteration last night and confirm that it works :) without prompting me to move Node nearer; for my case I physically power off the nearer AiMesh Node and just attempt to add the AiMesh Node furthest away will limited/no Wifi connection to AiMesh Router first.

Screen Shot 2018-09-15 at 12.14.29 AM.png

Last edited:
As for Ethernet Onboarding to add AiMesh Nodes, I noticed some improvement vs the last firmware where it was not possible to add AiMesh Node that is out of WiFi range.

As shown in the screenshot below (I do my usual factory reset for AiMesh Router and Node):
  • In the Search AiMesh Node section, I noted that Ethernet icon is present (ie Ethernet Onboarding working)
  • However, I am still getting the message to move my AiMesh Node nearer to AiMesh Router.
  • While I was looking at the message the pop up was replaced with the Add AiMesh Node message.
  • Clicking Apply, I was able to Add AiMesh Node successfully:).
  • PS: If I do not click on Apply fast enough ... the Prompt will disappear and I get back the original message to Move AiMesh Node nearer :(. I would have to re-search AiMesh Nodes again.
Someone else here posted the suggestion to add AiMesh Nodes One By One earlier. I experimented it in one of the iteration last night and confirm that it works :) without prompting me to move Node nearer; for my case I physically power off the nearer AiMesh Node and just attempt to add the AiMesh Node furthest away will limited/no Wifi connection to AiMesh Router first.

View attachment 14423

The issue confirmed and the fixed patch will be released next or newer FW version.

Arthur,

May I know is there plan for Aimesh Router's "Reboot Scheduler related settings" to be propagated from AiMesh Router to AiMesh Nodes? Thanks.

Already support in 32799.
I was testing on Blue Cave (FW: 3.0.0.4.384.32546) at my daughter's place earlier ... therefore my question.
Good to know it is supported in 32799, Thank You :)

Hi there, I dropped this one down on to a AIMesh RT-AC5300 and AC86U (also run a 68U) -- and this update caused my wifi to be very very unstable, was basically crashing every hour or so. I reverted to the two routers back to the earlier firmware and all was well.

Hi,

I just updated via GUI

Version 3.0.0.4.384.32799
2018/09/1445.38 MBytes
ASUS RT-AC5300 Firmware version 3.0.0.4.384.32799

Fixed WIFI stability issue.

https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/wireless/RT-AC5300/FW_RT_AC5300_300438432799.ZIP

Please unzip the firmware file first then check the MD5 code.
MD5: 4ec568e48b3b7165e4c9f9e582f2c73a

Hi there, I dropped this one down on to a AIMesh RT-AC5300 and AC86U (also run a 68U) -- and this update caused my wifi to be very very unstable, was basically crashing every hour or so. I reverted to the two routers back to the earlier firmware and all was well.

What was your firmware before 32799; and after 32799? And what firmware is on the 68U and is it in the AiMesh? And did you reset devices after installing firmware?

OE

I rolled the firmware back to Version 3.0.0.4.384.32738 (2018/08/21 ) on both devices. On Friday, the firmware update was only available for 2 out of 3 of the devices, looks like it is also available for the 68U too now. -- wondering if it's worth trying again now that all devices would be on the same firmware.

Paul

What was your firmware before 32799; and after 32799? And what firmware is on the 68U and is it in the AiMesh? And did you reset devices after installing firmware?

OE

Just read other part of your question -- yes, I recycled all the main router and all the child nodes.

I'm pretty sure it was for the 5300 and the 86, and the update wasn't applied to
I rolled the firmware back to Version 3.0.0.4.384.32738 (2018/08/21 ) on both devices. On Friday, the firmware update was only available for 2 out of 3 of the devices, looks like it is also available for the 68U too now. -- wondering if it's worth trying again now that all devices would be on the same firmware.

Paul

Paul

Just read other part of your question -- yes, I recycled all the main router and all the child nodes.
I'm pretty sure it was for the 5300 and the 86, and the update wasn't applied to
there is no 32738 for 86U, previous has been 32797.

You're right -- I just picked whatever firmware was before the 9/14. I'm pretty diligent about updating firmware, so all routers were on firmware that was immediately prior to 9/14 drop.

there is no 32738 for 86U, previous has been 32797.

Someone else here posted the suggestion to add AiMesh Nodes One By One earlier.

May have been me, in re to using my 1GB switch in the mix.

If it was, no biggie, so long as we get better on boarding via ethernet that's all that counts. If it was someone else and they beat me to it, well, shucks missed it by that much.:rolleyes: ROFL

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!