What's new

Asus RT-AC5300 high ping only in Overwatch

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Thorlord

New Around Here
Recently old RT-AC68u died, decided to splurge on a new router to replace it for our gaming household and got the Asus RT-AC5300.
Two computers using two different adapters PCE-AC68 and a PCE-AC88 both get 300+ ping in Blizzards Overwatch, and only Overwatch. All other games (even other blizzard games) report about 50ms ping or less. This didn't happen on the old router and I cannot fathom why this is happening.

I've changed every setting I could think of on the router to figure this out. If it was every game that would at least be clear it was an issue with the router itself. But I cannot figure this out. I even replaced my Modem as it was getting 7 years old and thought it could be the culprit for some reason (Now using Arris SB6190 with Comcast in Washington).

Any idea what could be causing this ping in this one specific game and what I can do to fix it?

Recently old RT-AC68u died, decided to splurge on a new router to replace it for our gaming household and got the Asus RT-AC5300.
Two computers using two different adapters PCE-AC68 and a PCE-AC88 both get 300+ ping in Blizzards Overwatch, and only Overwatch. All other games (even other blizzard games) report about 50ms ping or less. This didn't happen on the old router and I cannot fathom why this is happening.

I've changed every setting I could think of on the router to figure this out. If it was every game that would at least be clear it was an issue with the router itself. But I cannot figure this out. I even replaced my Modem as it was getting 7 years old and thought it could be the culprit for some reason (Now using Arris SB6190 with Comcast in Washington).

Any idea what could be causing this ping in this one specific game and what I can do to fix it?

did you find soluce !

did you find soluce !

You are asking for a response to a single post poster from 2016. ;)

You may be better served if you post the details of your equipment and issues instead.