What's new

ASUS RT-AC5300 Merlin won't block internet access

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

zillah

Regular Contributor
Dear folk

I have got a router ASUS RT-AC5300 with Merlin firmware 384.17

When I try to access AiProtection - Time Scheduling to block internet on some mobiles on certain times of days it won't work.
And those mobile still ca access the internet although they are supposed to be blocked

I would assume we don't to restart the router

Thx

Good advice for up to ~250Mbps ISP with this router. Bottleneck with faster ISPs.
Mine is 100 Mbps

For learning purpose what if it is more than 250 Mbps what would be the other option to avoid bottleneck ?

For learning purpose what if it is more than 250 Mbps what would be the other option to avoid bottleneck ?

In home routers some functions limit others. You cant use all the options and keep Gigabit throughput. Not on this hardware.

In home routers some functions limit others. You cant use all the options and keep Gigabit throughput. Not on this hardware.
Noted thanks for sharing

Hi, disable NAT Aceleration in LAN -> Switch Control
Worked in iphone x but not Samsung Galasy S10e,,,,,I have to reboot the router to work !!!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!