What's new

Asus RT-AC5300 Smart Connection vs Default?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

raion969

Hello

What do you use for you Wireless connection Type: Smart Connection or Defautl Seperate Channels ?

I am only gaming and i want to have the lowest inpact on my network while i play and other devices in the wireless uses bandwith ?

Smart Connection is weird. If I enable it my laptop will sit on 2.4GHz the entire time. But if I manually put it on 5GHz it'll stay on that. And at speeds that max out my land line and usually with stronger signal. Where on 2.4GHz it barely hits half of that. I am using RT-AX58U though. I suggest you try individually and see what works better. In my case manual is better than "Smart" Connect...

so is the default better ?

Smartconnect - never got it work. Separate channels work fine for me.

i'm a dummy so no smart stuff on my routers , always get great speeds , no disconnects and my routers have long uptimes , longest so far 222 days on my 5300

@sheika do you use air mesch with your two asus Routers?
Does aimesch work over wlan?

Hello

What do you use for you Wireless connection Type: Smart Connection or Defautl Seperate Channels ?

I am only gaming and i want to have the lowest inpact on my network while i play and other devices in the wireless uses bandwith ?

@sheika do you use air mesch with your two asus Routers?
Does aimesch work over wlan?
Tried that but never like it. Also tried the ethernet backbone but in the end I decided to I have my routers simply fully seperated connect to the internet via my gateway. Rock solid and fast

I am testing out smart connect on the two 5GHz. I keep 2.4 separate since I experienced that some devices preferred the 2.4 network instead of 5Ghz in smart connect mode ( all three bands) resulting in lower speed.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!