What's new

ASUS RT-AC56U Problems

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

CBarker

New Around Here
Hi people!

I've owned an AC56U for a while now and it's been giving me problems, especially now again. It is configured with a PPTP VPN Client and I guess that's its main purpose. However, I've noticed that Wi-Fi clients sometimes say they are connected but the router doesn't "talk to them," by this I mean that there's no network connectivity but the computer says it's connected. This would happen a lot more frequently with DD-WRT running, but with Merlin it had stopped for a while (recently I started messing with the router and it started doing it again, this time with Merlin installed). The router runs pretty warm, with the CPU being at 80C from what I've seen. The radios hover at around 50-60C. I'm just wondering if the router is defective or if it's just running too hot. I'm thinking on buying a fan for it so that it runs cooler.

Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!