What's new

Asus RT-AC58U V2 - VPN on guest or routing

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Bluesobus

New Around Here
Hello everyone,

I'm Arsene, and after a long search on the internet I can't manage to find a solution. So would be nice if someone can give me a hand :)

As mentioned in the title, I'm trying to set up the vpn (openvpn) only on my guest SSID, as I still need the ISP network on SSID1. As I took time looking for a solution, I found the openwrt-Merlin but sadly this firmwares are not compatible with the. RT-AC58U V2.

Is there any artisanal way to do so?

thank for your help.

Seems like a long shot with detours to coding purgatory. :)

The most straightforward way I can think of is to buy an RMerlin supported router and sell the one you have.

Seems like a long shot with detours to coding purgatory. :)

The most straightforward way I can think of is to buy an RMerlin supported router and sell the one you have.

Thank you for the answer. Sadly I'm stuck in a foreigner country in Africa, so finding this one was a miracle. :/ got it yesterday ^^.

any advices to do that manually?

Sorry, if I were to try helping in this situation, it would be the blind leading the blind. Others can help, be patient (they may be busy these days with other things).

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!