What's new

Asus RT-AC66U 3.0.0.4.220.17 Parent Controls

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

krum

Regular Contributor
Just received this router installed 3.0.0.4.220 and then 17 of merlin's firmware. tested QOS, speed test, wireless and wired connections. all worked.

I could not be happier, then I enabled parent controls for my kids, it didn't work, I enabled the time management; Sunday-Saturday from 8am-12, then from 12-2am. that's where it gets messed up. I went back into the time management settings and Sunday was enabled from 12-12 and no time on Saturday..
I then tried to drag Sunday from 8am to Monday till 2am, Tuesday from 8am till Wed 2am, etc etc, but same thing is made Sunday all day and noting on Sunday, I know that IP tables can be tricky for the command line.
My goal is to have internet enabled from 8am to 2am following day's 7 days a week. for a computer.

Any input would be great.
Chris

I never used Parental Control myself (was actually the first time I ever went to that page), but in theory you should be able to configure something looking like this:

parental1.png

What I did was to select 12am-2am, then 8am-end_of_the_day. I repeated it for every day. This should work in theory, otherwise it means something is buggy in Asus's Parental control.

Are you able to recreate this layout?

Just received this router installed 3.0.0.4.220 and then 17 of merlin's firmware. tested QOS, speed test, wireless and wired connections. all worked.

I could not be happier, then I enabled parent controls for my kids, it didn't work, I enabled the time management; Sunday-Saturday from 8am-12, then from 12-2am. that's where it gets messed up. I went back into the time management settings and Sunday was enabled from 12-12 and no time on Saturday..
I then tried to drag Sunday from 8am to Monday till 2am, Tuesday from 8am till Wed 2am, etc etc, but same thing is made Sunday all day and noting on Sunday, I know that IP tables can be tricky for the command line.
My goal is to have internet enabled from 8am to 2am following day's 7 days a week. for a computer.

Any input would be great.
Chris
First, is the router set to the correct time zone? It automatically defaults to GMT, IIRC.

Second, is the router getting the correct time from the NTP server you are using? If not then set it to a nearby NTP server (I do and it works fine).

Third, If you start at 8AM of any day you should be able to drag the allowed access time zone through to the end of that day, go laterally into the next day and then set it to stop allowing access at 2AM. If that proves to be problematic then using the method Merlin described may be easier (set two allowed periods per day 12AM-2AM & 8AM-midnight).

That was the ticket. Time was set wrong. I had the wrong time zone and daylight savings wrong. All is good. Every thing is working.

Thanks everyone for your help.

Chris