What's new

ASUS RT-AC66U 3.0.0.4.380.4180 Firmware

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Widmark

Occasional Visitor
ASUS RT-AC66U Firmware version 3.0.0.4.380.4180

Security related
- Updated OpenSSL library to 1.0.2j to fix security issues.
- Updated Dropbear SSH to 2016.74 to fixe security issues.
- Fixed a security vulnerability regarding XSS.
- Fixed a security vulnerability regarding CSRF.
- Added protection for Brute-force attack.

Bug fixed
- Fixed Chrome, Edge and IE compatibility issues.
- Fixed quick internet setting wizard compatibility issues.
- Fixed NAT issue caused by UPnP media server.
- Fixed dual wan issues in PPPoE or PPTP or L2TP + DHCP environment.
- Fixed AiCloud related issues.

Modified
- Updated NAT Acceleration setting help message.
- Supported Google DDNS.
- Modified the Quick Internet Setting wizard behavior to enhance compatibility.
- Enabled smart sync under AP/Media Bridge/ Repeater mode.
- Supported new 3G/LTE USB dongle, Docomo L-03D.

https://www.asus.com/us/Networking/RTAC66U/HelpDesk_Download/

Having issues with this 4180 update...

Network Map not showing any connected clients under "View List" button even though many are connected (22 devices wired + wifi). Other threads report the same issue on other Asus routers... saying this is likely a javascript fail but curious what others know... especially if/when it will be fixed since it sounds like this issue has persisted through multiple updates.

Possible workaround: Above "View List" button is a number next to "Clients" in light blue. Selecting that shows a list of clients in the right panel under "Client Status".

Under LAN>DHCP Server, some of the devices listed under "Client Name" cannot be changed and have different identifying information for the same device (Device Name and Icon for example) compared to what is shown under "Client Status" on main page.

Thanks. Getting the same result on the View List issue no matter the browser used.

My main browser is latest version of Firefox (50.1.0), but had same result w/Chrome 55.0.2883.87, and latest versions of MS Edge and IE. All are on Windows 10 x64. On Firefox I allow the router page to open popups, set cookies, and load graphics.

How Stable is 380.64? I don't see it listed in Asus site for AC66U.

Last edited:
Upgraded to this. After manual reboot, Client List working fine for me. This firmware working fine for me so far.

Upgraded to this. After manual reboot, Client List working fine for me. This firmware working fine for me so far.
I think I remember the client list showing initially and then no more... hopefully your client list will continue to show. Which browser/platform/version are you using?

I think I remember the client list showing initially and then no more... hopefully your client list will continue to show. Which browser/platform/version are you using?

Firefox. Just logged in and checked it again. Client List is there. Click on it...there's the complete list, access time, etc. I see they fixed some security issues. I didn't have any problems with the previous firmware (380.4005), until the last couple of weeks I would occasionally have problems connecting to wireless network with my phone...sometimes with my desktop. Not sure what the cause was, but it's not happening now.

So whats up with this note. Notice: Please check hardware version on the label for correct firmware file of your router. Please refer to FAQ: http://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/114702/ They going to start putting out versioned firmwares out for the 66u?

The RT-AC66U_B1 is a different model, with different hardware.

Some of their DSL products also have different firmware, based on the DSL standard the modem component supports.

The RT-AC66U_B1 is a different model, with different hardware.

Some of their DSL products also have different firmware, based on the DSL standard the modem component supports.
Didn't know there was a B1 version. Which one do you think is better? All I could see different is one has a usb 3.o the older doesn't.

Didn't know there was a B1 version. Which one do you think is better? All I could see different is one has a usb 3.o the older doesn't.

The RT-AC66U_B1 is a far better version than the RT-AC66U. It's essentially an RT-AC68U, with its dual-core CPU, AiProtection, etc...

UPDATE: The only issue I've noticed with this firmware is, now I get the flashing exclamation point in the router admin page. Click on the exclamation and it says, "The WAN IP is not the external IP. External IP-based services will not work." But everything appears to be working like it should. When I activate my VPN service it is working. When I check my IP via the web when the VPN service is turned on, it still shows whatever city I've chosen.

If I Deactivate VPN, the exclamation point continues to flash. But if I then go to WAN settings, don't change any settings but just hit "Apply", the flashing exclamation point goes away.

Not sure why the flashing exclamation point is happening, but as long as when I activate the VPN it still works like it should I'm not sure it matters.

Last edited: