What's new

Asus RT-AC66U C1 - as B1 = fw RT-AC68U?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Pila

Regular Contributor
There is now Asus RT-AC66U C1 available. Factory description sounds like it is updated B1. Or, basically the same as RT-AC68U.

Is the Asus RT-AC66U C1 supported by firmware for RT-AC68U, same as B1?

I do not see it listed as the supported model by Merlin nor mentioned specifically as C1 here.

No link of actual use. Asus does not mention it. I found ac66 c1 in my country in one shop. They copied N66 description. Price is also similar to N66 but recently a ac66 B1 was available at the same price. I saw it listed in a neigbouring country and some others.

But there is a thread here regarding the same AC66 c1 model.

I will call them in the morning to confirm, as that info must be written on the original box.

The shop changed their mind after several e-mails, and now they claim it is N66. First they were claiming the title must be good :)

I reacted to a price search engine knowing ac66 b1 exists. So, we can close this issue :(

I reconfirmed a mistake. There is no Asus RT-AC66U C1. As I had no need to read the description, I had no problem with the hit made by a search engine.

I think everyone is selling now Asus RT-AC66U B1 (with hw ver B2 as the current one).

Unfortunatelly, nobody changed the name of the product they are selling into Asus RT-AC66U B1 so they all advertise just Asus RT-AC66U. This one C1 with the wrong name was simply the lovest listed price, and initially I did not have any reasons to check the description.