ASUS RT-AC66U - Hide SSID in Repeater Mode

• ATTENTION! As of November 1, 2020, you are not able to reply to threads 6 months after the thread is opened if there are more than 500 posts in the thread.
    Threads will not be locked, so posts may still be edited by their authors.
    Just start a new thread on the topic to post if you get an error message when trying to reply to a thread.

BasicBlue

New Around Here
Hello All,

I am using the ASUS RT-AC66U as Access Point in Repeater Mode. I have both a 2.4 & 5G WiFi access setup. I need to hide the SSID for these networks but these options don't seem to be available in Repeater Mode.

I am pretty new to this router but would like to know if there night be a work around of sorts that would allow me to hide my SSID n this configuration.

Perhaps a telnet in and edit a text file or custom firmware. Anything advice would help thanks.

L&LD

Part of the Furniture
You can't hide an SSID today. Even when you do, you haven't. :)

Tech9

I need to hide the SSID for these networks but these options don't seem to be available in Repeater Mode.

Add /Advanced_Wireless_Content.asp to the end of your URL and see what happens. You can hide the SSID and it's working. I just tested it for you.

BasicBlue

New Around Here
Add /Advanced_Wireless_Content.asp to the end of your URL and see what happens. You can hide the SSID and it's working. I just tested it for you.
This was exactly what I was looking to do. Was unaware of the advanced menu for control.

Great answer, Thank you!

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!