What's new

ASUS RT-AC66U & Intel wifi cards

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Trekster

New Around Here
Hi Guys!

I tried googling but am unable to find a solution to my issues. The problem that i'm having is, that all of my Intel based laptops(Lenovo W530 + Lenovo Helix) are dropping WiFi connections on random.

Sometimes they connect fine, work for x mins, then drop the connection. Or rather, the connection seems to be fine(shows full signal) but i'm unable to do anything on the internet/local network. This happens on both 2.4 and 5Ghz.

Funny thing is this doesn't happen on my phones(Lumia 920, iPhone4S or our iPad)! The connection on these are rock solid. So i'm led to the conclusion that there is an issue with Intel based WiFi cards. Has anybody experienced this, or found a solution?

I'm on merlins latest FW(3.0.0.4.372.31_0-dwyd) but this has happened on all firmwares(even stock ASUS). I've attached a ping that shows the issue

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    23.4 KB · Views: 277
Last edited:
I never had any problem with my RT-AC66U and an Intel Centrino 6230 card. Make sure you have the latest driver from Intel's website (the driver from the manufacturer's site is most likely outdated).

You could try setting you're wireless to a specific channel. On auto it will switch channels as necessary and this could sometimes cause these issues if it switches channels a lot

Last edited:
Some have problems others not....

I have the issue that my stationary and laptops with Asus USB-N53 adapters drops connection - speed and signal strength on the 5 GHz band. The solution for this is a restart of wireless on the AC66 as Asus and Broadcom have not solved the problem.
You can find information in the forum thread on 5 GHz band signal dies....

Hi Guys,

I'm running the latest Intel WiFi drivers directly from Intel's site. The switching of channels might be it? I've just set it manually and will monitor the situation, might be it, however wouldn't the phones also be affected by this?

As for the 5Ghz issue, i've read about it but also read that the issue was resolved, if it's not then can i schedule an automatic restart of the wireless radios on the AC66?

my intel n6300 times out at random, I can almost guarantee it if the laptops has been in sleep or hibernation.

I think it is more driver based as it still does it when connected to the netgear wndr4500 AP.

my intel n6300 times out at random, I can almost guarantee it if the laptops has been in sleep or hibernation.

I think it is more driver based as it still does it when connected to the netgear wndr4500 AP.

Now you mention it..it does mostly happen from sleep. And i'm also using the 6300AGN...so we are left to wait for a possible fix from Intel?

Now you mention it..it does mostly happen from sleep. And i'm also using the 6300AGN...so we are left to wait for a possible fix from Intel?

it would seem so, i thought it may be my recent reinstall of the laptop but at the same time i did that i put the latest drivers on.

might be worth logging this with intel.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!