What's new

ASUS RT-AC66U running 380.66_4 firmware factory reset itself

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Digitoxin

New Around Here
Internet went out today suddenly and after investigating, it turns out my ASUS RT-AC66U rebooted and factory reset itself. Luckily, I had a recent backup of the settings, but I have no idea why this happened. This never happened before when running stock firmware.

Has anyone else experienced this issue or know why it may have happened?

Hmmm. I have an AC68U at my Winter home that dropped off the Internet about 10 days ago for no apparent reason. I am not there again until October, so will not be able to see why until then, but there's a chance it might be the same issue. I know the power is on (and everything is backed up on a UPS as well), and the Comcast cable modem is still online according to their troubleshooter. If not this, then it could have simply up and died, but it had been rock solid for at least 2 years so that seems a bit unlikely. All my IoT devices at that house are inaccessible, which is VERY frustrating.

I think it resets if it corrupts, it may be a one off or the nvram may be on it's last leg.

Ah, thanks, that makes sense. I'll follow up in October when I finally find out the reason it went offline.

Ah, thanks, that makes sense. I'll follow up in October when I finally find out the reason it went offline.
Ouch, that's a pain in the butt, if it just had a wobble I would put a restart script in once a week maybe as it could still be sat online but refusing the WAN connection.