What's new

Asus RT-AC66U with Tomato firmware shuts off when I turn on BWlimiter

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Chase Knibbe

New Around Here
I have an Asus RT-AC66U with Tomato firmware v3.4-140 AIO-64k that turns off whenever I turn on band-width limiter. I have mutiple previous routers that have worked just fine with the software, but for some reason this new router wont let me turn on band-width limiter. I have working internet when it is turned off but the router seems to go into idle mode. Any suggestions?

Any suggestions?

What Tomato? If it's so called Advanced Tomato, it's quite buggy. Use Tomato by Shibby.
I know, Advanced is based on Shibby, but compiled by a web designer, not a programmer.

One of the most stable versions I remember was tomato-RT-AC66U_RT-AC6x--128-AIO-64K
http://tomato.groov.pl/download/K26RT-AC/128-EN/

You can skin it as you want, many skins are available, including similar to Advanced Tomato.
Do you know Tomato on RT-AC66U has no hardware acceleration support?

Last edited:
What Tomato? If it's so called Advanced Tomato, it's quite buggy. Use Tomato by Shibby.
I know, Advanced is based on Shibby, but compiled by a web designer, not a programmer.

One of the most stable versions I remember was tomato-RT-AC66U_RT-AC6x--128-AIO-64K
http://tomato.groov.pl/download/K26RT-AC/128-EN/

You can skin it as you want, many skins are available, including similar to Advanced Tomato.
Do you know Tomato on RT-AC66U has no hardware acceleration support?
It is Advanced Tomato, and oh really? where would I get a skin similar to AT? I wouldn't mind switching to a better firmware but I do like the layout and look of AT.

Tomato by Shibby is no longer maintained. Look at Fresh Tomato; it's a Shibby fork and is quite active. Latest release (2019.3) is from last week

Repository can be found here
Downloads can be found here
Updates and forum discussions can be found here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!