1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice

Welcome To SNBForums

SNBForums is a community for anyone who wants to learn about or discuss the latest in wireless routers, network storage and the ins and outs of building and maintaining a small network.

If you'd like to post a question, simply register and have at it!

While you're at it, please check out SmallNetBuilder for product reviews and our famous Router Charts, Ranker and plenty more!

Asus RT-AC66U with Tomato firmware shuts off when I turn on BWlimiter

Discussion in 'ASUS AC Routers & Adapters' started by Chase Knibbe, Nov 20, 2019.

1. Chase Knibbe

Chase Knibbe New Around Here

I have an Asus RT-AC66U with Tomato firmware v3.4-140 AIO-64k that turns off whenever I turn on band-width limiter. I have mutiple previous routers that have worked just fine with the software, but for some reason this new router wont let me turn on band-width limiter. I have working internet when it is turned off but the router seems to go into idle mode. Any suggestions?

2. Val D.

Val D. Very Senior Member

What Tomato? If it's so called Advanced Tomato, it's quite buggy. Use Tomato by Shibby.
    I know, Advanced is based on Shibby, but compiled by a web designer, not a programmer.

One of the most stable versions I remember was tomato-RT-AC66U_RT-AC6x--128-AIO-64K
    http://tomato.groov.pl/download/K26RT-AC/128-EN/

You can skin it as you want, many skins are available, including similar to Advanced Tomato.
    Do you know Tomato on RT-AC66U has no hardware acceleration support?

Last edited: Nov 20, 2019
  3. Chase Knibbe

Chase Knibbe New Around Here

It is Advanced Tomato, and oh really? where would I get a skin similar to AT? I wouldn't mind switching to a better firmware but I do like the layout and look of AT.

4. Val D.

Val D. Very Senior Member

5. Marc66

Marc66 Regular Contributor

Tomato by Shibby is no longer maintained. Look at Fresh Tomato; it's a Shibby fork and is quite active. Latest release (2019.3) is from last week

Repository can be found here
    Downloads can be found here
    Updates and forum discussions can be found here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: Nov 28, 2019