What's new

ASUS RT-AC66U_B1 IPv6 Passthrough not working over USB

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

WinDVD

New Around Here
Hello all

I have a Franklin T10 modem on the T-Mobile 4G network and I have connected it to an RT-AC66U_B1 router. I am having problems with IPv6 Passthrough when connected via USB. It shows "Disabled" in IPv6 logs. Am I doing something wrong?

I will say IPv6 does work properly without the ASUS router and only using the Franklin, But the speed and especially range is worse.

Please note I am not very experienced in these things so any help would be very awesome

T-Mobile supports IPv6, but they do not send over Prefix Delegation, so going through routers can be troublesome - pass through should actually work however, check your clients and see if you have a routable IPv6 addr...

Helpful link...

T-Mobile supports IPv6, but they do not send over Prefix Delegation, so going through routers can be troublesome - pass through should actually work however, check your clients and see if you have a routable IPv6 addr...

Helpful link...
I can connect to the ipv6 site when connected directly to the Franklin
But the ASUS is no dice.

Could this be a firmware issue with these routers? I saw a thread of someone having the same issue as me on a similar router but it worked on their old router with the same USB setup. No solution was ever found

Helpful link...
ipv6.PNG

I am able to ping the ipv6 site from the ASUS Router itself but cannot connect to it from any of my devices. Is this a hint to the problem?

I am able to ping the ipv6 site from the ASUS Router itself but cannot connect to it from any of my devices. Is this a hint to the problem?

Your Asus is not routing the IPv6 over the LAN/WLAN side of the bridge interface when USB looks like...

It seems to show my devices as clients but they cannot connect to IPv6 and it still shows "Disabled" as mentioned before
router.png

I have this same exact issue with my USB 5G modem.
I'm getting an IPv6 address from the carrier, and I can ping IPv6 addresses from the Asus router.
IPv6 addresses are being assigned to client devices, but they have no IPv6 access.

For context, I'm using an Asus GT-AX6000, running Merlin 388.6_0_rog.

I don't know if this an Asus issue or something that can be fixed in the Merlin firmware.

Just to confirm you can access ipv4 sites correctly when using your asus router? If not I read some cellular modems/hotspots require spoofing the TTL to make it appear as if the connection is coming from the modem not the devices after the modem.
IMG_0052.jpeg

NAT64 should translate IPv6 to IPv4 if routing was working correctly.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!