What's new

Asus RT-AC67P separating wired/wireless network unable to use printer properly... help?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

krashcoarse

New Around Here
Hi All, I bought a shiny Asus "AC1900" (RT-AC67P) a week or so ago, and have been fighting with it ever since.
Seems like it routes wired traffic properly to internet, and wireless properly to internet.... that's about the extent of it.
My wife was happy to buy a wireless HP printer soon after, and that's when I noticed the problem... wireless clients seem to be completely isolated, with only a route out to internet, not to any other IP in my network. Can't ping or traceroute to any of the home lab stuff I have behind my Ubiquiti EdgerouterX, which hasn't changed config in months and was working fine before. The wireless clients can't even navigate to anything in their own ip range on the wired side. I tried setting up a dumb test server and my wired clients could find it, but not the wireless clients from the same range (they're all getting DHCP from the Asus) I'm not doing anything weird with routing the wireless, in fact there seem to be next to ZERO options for any wireless routing. all the routing config is in the LAN tab, but it doesn't seem to be applying properly anyway.

so: PLEX server? not from my wireless clients anymore...
any printing on the wireless HP thing my wife just bought?: works sporadically seemingly at random from wired clients, wireless? forget it.
I don't understand if this is meant to be a safety feature? o_O wireless can only go out to WEB. that's dumb.
it's what guest networks are for, which BTW, I set one up to try to see if it worked any better or differently,... nope.

Can anyone suggest what I might be missing?

I have reconfigured my network so the Ubiquiti is the gateway now, and only using the ASUS as an access point, and NO BETTER.
very frustrating. :mad:

TIA

Last edited:
There's no reason why all your devices shouldn't be able to see each other regardless of how they are connected (using the default settings). The only exception would be if you were connecting to a wireless guest network that had "Access Intranet" set to Disable. Have you made any changes beyond the mandatory user name, SSIDs and passwords?

P.S. The RT-AC67P has completely different hardware compared to the RT-AC1900, although it is an AC1900 class device.

There's no reason why all your devices shouldn't be able to see each other regardless of how they are connected (using the default settings). The only exception would be if you were connecting to a wireless guest network that had "Access Intranet" set to Disable. Have you made any changes beyond the mandatory user name, SSIDs and passwords?

Hi Colin, no changes after this last factory reset, beyiond mandatory admin pw and SSID changes.

P.S. The RT-AC67P has completely different hardware compared to the RT-AC1900, although it is an AC1900 class device.
oh really? I find the Asus router offerings bewildering. but this router was touted as an AC1900, NOT an RT-AC1900, you're correct. OP edited :)
2021-10-08 17_28_39-Window.png

however, I'm beginning to think it was a bad investment.

Can you return it and get an RT-AC68U or RT-AC66U_B1 instead?
it was an Amazon purchase, so yeah, probably.

wondering if I might be better off leaving the network as is, getting rid of the ASUS and getting some AP that's half-decent and semi-pro like the TP-Link Omada stuff, or Ubiquiti Unifi. I have some unifi experience from work, but the stuff is a little rich for my home budget.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!