What's new

ASUS RT-AC68P and 4G LTE USB modem - need help

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

DCross

New Around Here
I currently have a Pantech UML295 (Verizon) connected to a CradlePoint MBR95 with no issues. The CradlePoint doesn't have the ability to show Internet usage based on IP or MAC address, so I just purchased an ASUS RT-AC68P (AC1900) to replace the Cradlepoint. I live in a rural area with no means of internet other than 3G/4G LTE so this is my primary internet link.

Has anyone has been successful in using the UML295 with the RT-68P? There are a number of posts but most are from 2014 stating it doesn't work or is sketchy at best. If the UML295 simply won't work, has anyone had success with the newer Verizon U620L, or MiFi devices AC791L or MHS800L? I have the option to upgrade to any of these three models but can't find any info on whether these are compatible with the Asus either. It seems the info on the Asus website is pretty outdated.

Thanks

I currently have a Pantech UML295 (Verizon) connected to a CradlePoint MBR95 with no issues. The CradlePoint doesn't have the ability to show Internet usage based on IP or MAC address, so I just purchased an ASUS RT-AC68P (AC1900) to replace the Cradlepoint. I live in a rural area with no means of internet other than 3G/4G LTE so this is my primary internet link.

Has anyone has been successful in using the UML295 with the RT-68P? There are a number of posts but most are from 2014 stating it doesn't work or is sketchy at best. If the UML295 simply won't work, has anyone had success with the newer Verizon U620L, or MiFi devices AC791L or MHS800L? I have the option to upgrade to any of these three models but can't find any info on whether these are compatible with the Asus either. It seems the info on the Asus website is pretty outdated.

Thanks

I'm on a 551L modem right now, it works but has issues. It doesn't switch between 4G and 3G at all. Sometimes I have to do a reinstall of advancedtomato firmware to get it to work. I have also seen the device even stop working in 4g altogether until I flash the firmware using my laptop from novatel..

I was hoping to find someone's efforts on a UML295 model or U620L

Did you have any luck?

Thanks

I am in the same situation and trying to figure out if my RT-N66U with WRTMerlin will work with the Verizon U620L. Or if there is another ASUS router that I can get that will work with the U620L.

Put the cradlepoint back in use - they support 3G/4G/LTE modems better than most anyone...