What's new

Asus RT AC68P - update to 384

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

StanleeSPUDwowski

Occasional Visitor
Hello, I recently saw that the yellow ICON was blinking on my asus router for a FW stable version of 384, i currently have 380.69... which version do i dowload for this router AC68p -I noticed not a lot of changes for the new FW version is it worth it?

Also should i back up the NVRAM first before doing this? what utility can i use to do this.

What SSH tool should i use Putty?

I noticed not a lot of changes for the new FW version is it worth it?

You must not have looked at the changelog. The list of changes between 380.69_2 and 384.4 is about four pages long, and that doesn't include Asus's own changes such as a completely new DPI engine from Trend Micro... You have to look at the 382.1, 382.2, 384.3 AND 384.4 changelog to see what was changed since 380.69_2.

thanks will do! but overall is just worth it without reading all the tech ?

Yes, if only for security reasons alone. That's in addition to the more advanced DPI engine (and the old one will eventually stop receiving updated signatures) and all the numerous fixes and improvements. This is roughly 18 months of software development on top of the old 380 code.