What's new

Asus RT-AC68R > Merlin > Build 374.43_2 > Wireless randomly stops working

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

ziaali

New Around Here
Hello Everyone,

I have been running Build 374.43_2 for about 3 weeks now. I currently use my AC68R as a wireless access point only. For some reason, I randomly loose all wireless every two days or so which requires me to power cycle the router. I have tried using the "Access Point" only mode as well as the standard "Router" mode with DHCP disabled. Regardless of which option I choose, the issue seems to persist. I have two SSIDs configured (2.4GHz and 5GHz) and when this issue occurs, it affects both the networks.

Any recommendations?

Thanks in advance! :)

Hello Everyone,

I have been running Build 374.43_2 for about 3 weeks now. I currently use my AC68R as a wireless access point only. For some reason, I randomly loose all wireless every two days or so which requires me to power cycle the router. I have tried using the "Access Point" only mode as well as the standard "Router" mode with DHCP disabled. Regardless of which option I choose, the issue seems to persist. I have two SSIDs configured (2.4GHz and 5GHz) and when this issue occurs, it affects both the networks.

Any recommendations?

Thanks in advance! :)

Need more information on your setup with your modem etc.

Ideally you should have your modem in bridge mode and the router set to Wireless Router mode so it handles everything.

Need more information on your setup with your modem etc.

Ideally you should have your modem in bridge mode and the router set to Wireless Router mode so it handles everything.

I currently have a C1000A from ActionTech and it is currently running in Bridge Mode. Here is how my traffic is currently routed

Client > Core Switch > Cisco ASA Firewall > C1000A Modem

• The AC68R is currently plugged into the core switch and is used for wireless only

• C1000A is completely in bridge mode

• Cisco ASA is configured to receive the Static IP from CenturyLink

• There is a DHCP server running in the network that handles all DHCP reservations

• When the issue occurs, it affects the wireless users only. All other wired connectivity continues to work flawlessly

Hope this helps

I currently have a C1000A from ActionTech and it is currently running in Bridge Mode. Here is how my traffic is currently routed

Client > Core Switch > Cisco ASA Firewall > C1000A Modem

• The AC68R is currently plugged into the core switch and is used for wireless only

• C1000A is completely in bridge mode

• Cisco ASA is configured to receive the Static IP from CenturyLink

• There is a DHCP server running in the network that handles all DHCP reservations

• When the issue occurs, it affects the wireless users only. All other wired connectivity continues to work flawlessly

Hope this helps

I have a feeling this may be in relation to your firewall, but unfortunately I don't have any experience with one so I am unable to help you in that aspect. I'm sure others with similar setups would be able to guide you in the right direction though

happens to me with the same router running tomato. Think it has to do with the latest broadcom wifi drivers used in both builds. The only way to fix this is to flash dd-wrt Kong mod and use his builds that use the old wifi drivers.

happens to me with the same router running tomato. Think it has to do with the latest broadcom wifi drivers used in both builds. The only way to fix this is to flash dd-wrt Kong mod and use his builds that use the old wifi drivers.

I have the 68U using Merlin 43_2 since it was released and never had this issue. Must be something in your configuration or environment.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!