What's new

ASUS RT-AC68R: What's Wrong With It?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Joshing

Occasional Visitor
Is there something wrong with Asus rt-ac68r?

On Amazon, it's selling for $113 which seems pretty low and that seems like a signal that there's something wrong with it that I'm not aware of.

In comparison, the Asus rt-at68u is selling for $160 even though I have heard conflicting reports that they are the same router. If they are really the same, then why are they selling for such different prices?

Some say the r in the ac68r stands for retail and others say the r means refurbished. But, the Amazon page does not mention anything about being refurbished.

And, does any refurbishment explain the difference on Newgg between the rt-ac68u and the rt-ac68r? The rt-ac68u gets an average of four stars and a refurbished rt-ac68r gets an average of three stars.

Nothing wrong with the RT-AC68R. They are probably trying to get rid of old inventories to make room for newer hardware revisions.

It could be refurbished. I've sent a few of mine in to asus and have gotten back from them refurbished units. This is according to them. They've told me they are refurbished units and are labeled rt-n66r, rt-ac66r or rt-ac66r.

It will have a different label on the bottom than the retail versions of the u and r versions.
I've had all 3. I know some here will disagree with me and they have.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    43.8 KB · Views: 702
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    40.1 KB · Views: 381

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!