What's new

Asus RT-AC68U bricked or not ?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Teemu Siitonen

New Around Here
I am unable to go rescue more (reset button down and then power the box, I have done this before many times and now power light is just on all the time.

I tried 30/30/30 reset, nothing happened, also when I start the box and wait, only power light is on, and default ip address is not active, I am pretty sure that box is not starting

What I can try ?

Any tips ?

Last edited:
If you failed to check your CFE work including comparing the file size matches then you have a brick. No way back without taking chips off the board to reflash them.
Welcome to the club, I still have an n66u up the loft I bricked a few years ago.

We have cfe editors to use now, best to use that as it doesn't bugger up the file size when you change a 3 digit to a 4 digit.

Sorry it is not good news and once rebooted with a bad CFE you have no way back.

Is it under warranty?

Thank you for quick responce, it is under warranty but I bought it from usa and I am now in Finland, I haven't check íf it is valid here.

it is just good to know that I don't spend time to reseting etc etc if its just waste of time.

They do not offer international warranty so you may have to ship it back.