What's new

ASUS RT-AC68U cannot update ddns on noip.com

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

lemoncoffeetea

New Around Here
I'm in China. I already set up ss client and ss server on ec2 and the vpn works perfectly. (not sure the router itself will go through it or not. )

firmware is 380.65-X7.4

At the management page, WAN - DDNS set the noip free domain,account email and password. Double checked its all correct. But just cannot update successfully.

In the log in see the following message. I checked with web broswer, members.dyndns.org page simply shows 404

ddns update: connected to members.dyndns.org (204.13.248.111) on port 80.
ddns update: error recv()ing reply: Connection reset by peer
ddns update: strange server response, are you connecting to the right server?​

I checked log another time today, the address changed but still cannot connect.

ddns update: connected to dynupdate.no-ip.com (8.23.224.120) on port 80.
ddns update: error recv()ing reply: Connection reset by peer
ddns update: strange server response, are you connecting to the right server?​

I googled quite a lot and seems like some posts (www.dyncommunity.com/questions/30899/error-updating-ddns.html)says it's because the website is blocked by my ISP, but no solution provided. Another . Meanwhile some other posts says (www.dyncommunity.com/questions/9720/membersdyndnsorg-down.html)404 is normal. Have been searching it a lot these days but just no luck. Any way to make it work? or should I deploy some manual update script on the router to let it update?

Hope to get help!!! Thanks

I think you'd need a custom DDNS script. Can you update though the Tor network? Or, do you get "Cloudflared"?

I think you'd need a custom DDNS script. Can you update though the Tor network? Or, do you get "Cloudflared"?

thanks for the reply!! I am not sure what is Tor network, nor have I heard of "Cloudflared". Can you please provide more relating information?

Many thasnk!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!