asus rt-ac68u disconnecting from internet issues firmware 386.3_2

gio3535

New Around Here
having issues on almost a daily basis where i have to reboot router to reconnect to internet. i do not know if there is any settings i should change or if newer update will fix this. any help on this is greatly appreciated. everything is up to date asus rt-ac68u firmware 386.3_2

Nesalex

Occasional Visitor
Do you have a connection via PPPoE?

If you have a problem with disconnecting the Internet, try what helped me (read the attached thread). Flash 384.19, factory reset, set your router, dirty upgrade to 386.
I wonder if it will help you like me ...

Last edited:

noah way

Regular Contributor
similar problem with 68u resolved here:

Nesalex

Occasional Visitor
similar problem with 68u resolved here:

Read the thread I added above.

tank1111

New Around Here
having issues on almost a daily basis where i have to reboot router to reconnect to internet. i do not know if there is any settings i should change or if newer update will fix this. any help on this is greatly appreciated. everything is up to date asus rt-ac68u firmware 386.3_2
I just configured an AirMesh, AC86U as main, and AC68U as a node. Both have been factory reset and upgraded to version 386.3_2. The node was disconnected from time to time.

I will try to downgrade to 384 and update.

CHiLL72

New Around Here
I have the same experience with 2 different ASUS routers on the 386 version, RT-AX58U and RT-AX88U. WAN connection dropping often, sometimes it will hold for a few days and on some days it disconnects twice. A few firmware versions ago, I remember my RT-AC87U not needing a reset for months and months.....
I might try the stock firmware until a new beta or release version comes our way.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!