What's new

ASUS RT-AC68U Firmware version 3.0.0.4.378.3813

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

burtal

Regular Contributor
new build .....

ASUS RT-AC68U Firmware version 3.0.0.4.378.3813
[Important] This version included AiProtection and AdaptiveQoS. After firmware updated, please press the reset button more than five seconds to reset the router to avoid some compatibility issues.

New features
1. Added AiProtection with triple-strength total network security, plus robust parental controls and privacy protection
2. Added Adaptive QoS. Applications and tasks can be prioritized easily using drag-and-drop presets for gaming, media streaming, VoIP, web browsing and file transfers.

Security related
1. Fixed CSRF issue.
2. Upgraded Openssl library to 1.0.0.o
3. Removed FTP link in Network map

Bug fixes
1. Fixed dual wan fails over mode switch back issue.
2. Fixed VPN server related issues.
3. Fixed static IP setting issue in AP mode.
4. Fixed download master cannot be uninstalled in FAT16 and FAT32 format.
5. Fixed Wake on LAN UI issue.
6. Fixed Firefox compatibility issue.
7. Fixed IPv6 related issues.
8. Fixed IGMP related issues.
9. Fixed media server related issues.
10. Fixed UI issue when setting the repeater mode or AP mode in QIS.

3G/LTE
1. Supported Huawei E161, E3131, E171
2. Supported ZTE MF880, MF823, MF821D
3. Supported Royaltek Q110

Merlin i have a question about aiprotection ..... how this works ?
it searches the address agains a remote DB on asus or trend, or it has a built in DB ?
if it has a built in one do you know how often updates will come , and will it be automatic update?

im on AC68U now and did not had the chance to see it in action so far

Last edited:
Quick Findings:
- Could not update directly from Merlin 376.49_4. First had to sidestep to 3.0.0.4_376.3626 before I could update to 3.0.0.4.378.3813

- After hard reset noticed that the scripterror Merlin mentioned is still occuring on the system administration page. Damn it, that shouldn't have slipped through the Asus QS!:mad: So there is no way to enable ssh or telnet in for configuring system settings via console.

WARNING/Recommendation:
Well folks, first save a backup of your running configuration before upgrade or stop using hard reset as recommended by Asus until this glitch gets fixed.

My workaround:
---------------
I configured my RT-AC68u from scratch after I did hard reset on 378.3813 then temporarily downgraded to 376.3626 in order to able to configure system tab settings and enable ssh and then back to .378.3813.

Update:
--------
Hm, I don't know - I hoped for a newer wireless driver (latest Broadcom SDK) but the results are somewhat sobering. No change at all to the wireless section in this firmware version (did nvram settings compare against 376.3626).

Last edited:
Quick Findings:
- Could not update directly from Merlin 376.49_4. First had to sidestep to 3.0.0.4_376.3626 before I could update to 3.0.0.4.378.3813

.3626 is needed to upgrade the bootloader which increases the firmware partition size to accommodate all of the new features. Merlin had mentioned he planned on releasing a modified 376.49 that would do this but it has yet to be released.

I noticed the Auto Preamble option has gone, just Long or Short now.

updated and the first glitch I found is trying to set time zone on the system tab - it defaults to central and I try to change to eastern and it acts like I don't have a user name and password... so I set that, but then it wants DST updated to save ~ and there is no way to update DST

anyone know if time zone can be set through telnet?

updated and the first glitch I found is trying to set time zone on the system tab - it defaults to central and I try to change to eastern and it acts like I don't have a user name and password... so I set that, but then it wants DST updated to save ~ and there is no way to update DST

I agree, the Administration/System page is hosed.

My timezone defaults to Alaska - I try to set it to Pacific and then it says my Router Login Name cannot be blank. I then fill in my login name and password and click Apply, and it then says "Specified time interval can not overlap". I assume it's complaining about the start and stop dates/times for DST, but the drop down fields for those are locked - no way to change them.

I may have issues later on then as I was successfully able to update from Merlin's latest build to ASUS's without issue.

Edit:
It said it completed however it's still on Merlin's build. Jumped the gun.

Last edited:
I may have issues later on then as I was successfully able to update from Merlin's latest build to ASUS's without issue.

Edit:
It said it completed however it's still on Merlin's build. Jumped the gun.

Think this was mentioned in another thread - if you are on a Merlin build, you would have to flash 376.3626 first as it updates the bootloader and increases partition space, once that's done you would then be able to flash 3813.

Think this was mentioned in another thread - if you are on a Merlin build, you would have to flash 376.3626 first as it updates the bootloader and increases partition space, once that's done you would then be able to flash 3813.

Remind me - how does one verify bootloader and partition?

df output:

Filesystem 1K-blocks Used Available Use% Mounted on
/dev/root 27776 27776 0 100% /
devtmpfs 127740 0 127740 0% /dev
tmpfs 127848 4592 123256 4% /tmp
/dev/mtdblock4 64256 1756 62500 3% /jffs

from command line

cat /dev/mtd0ro | grep bl_version

if it shows 1.0.2.0 or higher then should be fine to upgrade to 3813 (assuming that the bootloader upgrade can't be done without making the necessary changes to support 64Mb rootfs)

I made zero changes except to flash the Asus 376 build and verified via telnet my bootloader was updated then flashed 378 and I'm on that build now.

If changes need to be made to the rootfs then I'm gonna need some guidance :)

anyone know if time zone can be set through telnet?

Yes found that to thought it was me:D

VPN client more stable

VPN client operation seems to have improved. In previous firmware, when de-activating VPN connection I had to reboot the router, now it works fine.

Had to update with Asus previous fw, 3763626,reset then went ahead to this one 3783813 and reset and did settings all new.

Can't use Eastern time, doesn't like it.:confused:

Greetings!

After installing this firmware, reseting the router and making all the configurations again I got this:

Jan 10 00:57:54 kernel: Dead loop on virtual device vlan100, fix it urgently!
Jan 10 00:57:55 kernel: Dead loop on virtual device vlan100, fix it urgently!
Jan 10 00:57:55 kernel: Dead loop on virtual device vlan100, fix it urgently!
Jan 10 00:58:00 kernel: Dead loop on virtual device vlan100, fix it urgently!
Jan 10 00:58:00 kernel: Dead loop on virtual device vlan100, fix it urgently!
Jan 10 00:58:02 kernel: Dead loop on virtual device vlan100, fix it urgently!
Jan 10 00:58:02 kernel: Dead loop on virtual device vlan100, fix it urgently!
Jan 10 02:42:35 kernel: Dead loop on virtual device vlan100, fix it urgently!
Jan 10 02:42:35 kernel: Dead loop on virtual device vlan100, fix it urgently!
Jan 10 02:49:07 kernel: Dead loop on virtual device vlan100, fix it urgently!
Jan 10 02:49:07 kernel: Dead loop on virtual device vlan100, fix it urgently!
Jan 10 02:49:38 kernel: Dead loop on virtual device vlan100, fix it urgently!
Jan 10 02:49:38 kernel: Dead loop on virtual device vlan100, fix it urgently!
Jan 10 02:49:39 kernel: Dead loop on virtual device vlan100, fix it urgently!
Jan 10 02:49:39 kernel: Dead loop on virtual device vlan100, fix it urgently!
Jan 10 02:49:40 kernel: Dead loop on virtual device vlan100, fix it urgently!
Jan 10 02:49:40 kernel: Dead loop on virtual device vlan100, fix it urgently!
Jan 10 02:56:31 kernel: Dead loop on virtual device vlan100, fix it urgently!
Jan 10 02:56:31 kernel: Dead loop on virtual device vlan100, fix it urgently!
Jan 10 03:01:51 rc_service: httpd 3046:notify_rc start_webs_update
Jan 10 03:02:07 kernel: Dead loop on virtual device vlan100, fix it urgently!

Everything seems to be working fine (including adaptive QoS) except for these log messages.

Any idea what it might be?

EDIT: It sees that I had 378.3762 and not 378.3813. After updating to 378.3813 firmware the error went away.

Last edited:
Had to update with Asus previous fw, 3763626,reset then went ahead to this one 3783813 and reset and did settings all new.

Can't use Eastern time, doesn't like it.:confused:

Switch to Greenwich time then save then back to Eastern.

I get a 'Firmware upgrade unsuccessfully. It may result from incorrect image or error transmission. Please check the version of firmware and try again." error trying to update to this. Thoughts? (I already redownloaded/unzipped the file a second time, no improvement)

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!