What's new

ASUS RT-AC68U Firmware version 3.0.0.4.380.7378

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

3.0.0.4.380.7378 installed over 3.0.0.4.380.7266 with a manual reboot as instructed after the upgrade (no hard reset), so far so good.
Due to the number of security fixes upgrade of the firmware seems quite mandatory.

3.0.0.4.380.7378 installed over 3.0.0.4.380.7266 with a manual reboot as instructed after the upgrade (no hard reset), so far so good.
Due to the number of security fixes upgrade of the firmware seems quite mandatory.
Finally was able to upgrade (after 3 tries) to 7378 on my RT-AC1900p. Did manual reboot. It kept all settings from 4164. So far so good.

I recently drew Asus's attention to the fact that Dropbox SmartSync did not work. I am pleased to report that this upgrade seems to resolve that problem.

PS I spoke too soon. Although it now appears to connect to Dropbox and authenticates, it doesn't actually synchronise.

Last edited:
I recently drew Asus's attention to the fact that Dropbox SmartSync did not work. I am pleased to report that this upgrade seems to resolve that problem.

PS I spoke too soon. Although it now appears to connect to Dropbox and authenticates, it doesn't actually synchronise.
Curious to learn what the purpose is to sync cloud accounts? Can you give an example?

Curious to learn what the purpose is to sync cloud accounts? Can you give an example?
For those of us who do not have "fat pipe" upload and download speed it is a way to get large files faster. Google Drive and Dropbox both have clients that sync files and I use the Asus service as well. Sure, it may be an extra layer but syncing my cloud accounts sure has come in handy when I can't get to an internet connection.

I have a security camera that downloads to Dropbox. Dropbox only gives me 2 Gb free so if I sync the Dropbox to download to my Asus (where I have greater capacity) I can just delete the Dropbox files on a regular basis knowing that they are being stored on the Asus usb storage.

Finally was able to upgrade (after 3 tries) to 7378 on my RT-AC1900p. Did manual reboot. It kept all settings from 4164. So far so good.
Same for my RT-AC68W; no problems so far. I'm very fortunate, Amazon replaced my router after Asus offered only RMA; only purchased 3.5 months ago.

Hey,
In the previous FW (7266) I had some issues with WPS, namely that it would randomly enable itself. Has anyone else noticed this with the 380.7378 FW version?
I may have overlooked it after the upgrade to 7266.
Now after the upgrade to 7378 I found WPS ON, while I always had it OFF as part of my manual configuration list. I am not sure what caused the change, I will keep an eye on it.
Thanks for pointing out!
I consider that a security issue.

[EDIT] I know WPS is ON at factory defaults with stock firmware.

Last edited:
I upgraded to 7266 a couple days ago and it seemed to go fine. But I restarted the router a couple days later and all WPA2-Personal stopped working. Cannot get any client to authenticate.

So today I reset to factory and it offered to pull down the 7378 update. Did that with zero changes on the device. Set up the SSIDs and passwords and, damnit, same problem.

If I change to Open I can connect.

Any ideas outside going back to 4376 and trying again?

Is there something on the hardware that could fail such that wifi auth no longer works?

Just updated from 4164 at the administration page, no power cycle, no factory reset. Everything looks OK but I did find WPS reset to ON. One thing I had noticed on 4164 was the client list on the network map would fail to register devices that had been out of network for some time like my kids phones or laptops when they came home on a college break or would sometimes say a phone was hardwired instead of WiFi. This would correct itself on a modem reboot. I will be looking at that the next chance I get.

Indeed, I had the WPS back ON after upgrading to 7266 (without resetting)
I assume WPS in my router was set to ON after the upgrade to 7266.
I didn't check that one after the upgrade and I did not revert to factory defaults after the upgrades to 7266 and later on 7378, otherwise I would have noticed because this setting is in my list of changes from default.
When pointed out here I have set it to OFF and it stayed OFF so far, I cannot imagine it will randomly be enabled.

My wifi signal strength is down to hardly anything after the upgrade. Both 2.4 and 5 are more or less unusable. Initially I thought wifi wasn't working at all but then I noticed I get a signal if I'm more or less directly next to the router. It connects but no traffic makes it through. Tried resetting and rolling back but so far no luck.

Thank you guys and gals.
I think I understand the drill now.
I am planning another ASUS Router for a different location.

John

Do I flash the Asus firmware the same way as the Merlin firmware and is it easy to go back to Merlin firmware from Asus firmware?
Thank you.

Do I flash the Asus firmware the same way as the Merlin firmware and is it easy to go back to Merlin firmware from Asus firmware?
Thank you.

Yep simply flash the same as Merlins and yes you can go back and forth at will.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!